PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS Lag?

no lag on mine... i <3 my tp2
Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Just tried it on the way home for work on my sprint tp2. I was atleast 2 seconds off, sometimes 3. And thats with google maps and the built in sprint software. Its the same as it was on my TP1.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

I had extreme lag on my AT&T TP1, I couldn't even use my GPS for trips involving a lot of turns like city driving because it simply wouldn't keep up, and I would end up just looking at the list of directions and following that instead. I only tried Garmin XT though, so I'm not sure if that was a software or hardware issue. I tried various GPS tweaks to no avail.

No idea on the TP2 since I don't have mine yet, but I'll be sure to test it.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

You guys that are experiencing lag with the TP2, have you tried to enable your QuickGPS program that is built in to see if that helps at all?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

ok i will chime in here since i already chimed in on another thread i started...the gps lag is horrendous to say the least on this device. I have tried google...telenav(sprint app) garmin xt and tomtom...all with the same results...standing still in my driveway it shows me on the next block 30 feet away. Driving 30mph up to the next intersection...it doesnt catch up till well after i have made my turn. I know this is a phone first but when you promote a product as having said features...at least make them work. i have a mogul that i use for standalone gps and the damn thing is more accurate than my finedrive 350 gps. I honestly feel this is just another slapdash build put out by htc.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

has anyone tried putting it in standalone mode. I know the driver & reg's are different. on the tp1 i think it's just one referring to PDE enabled 1 or 0 .
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
i haven't seen too much lag yet (only had it for about 24 hours now), but one thing I definitely noticed was the accuracy of my location in Google Maps. On my unlocked, custom ROM TP, it would show me how many satellites I was connected to, but not with the stock TP2 and new Google Maps. It says my location within "900 yards" which in my neighborhood is like 5 blocks away.
FIX IS HERE -

Sounds like you're only working w/ 'AGPS', so not true GPS.
First in Google Maps do you have the option checked to 'Use GPS'?

I had the same issues at first, then I followed the instructions and ran the apps as in this post -
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598

Make sure you install the SDKcerts CAB first, then restart the phone. Then install Quick GPS. This will restart for you a second time now. Then connect to the internet via browser or whatever, then run QuickGPS and 'Download' the latest satellite info. When I didn't connect to the net first, QuickGPS failed to download the updates.

Now run Google Maps, should be almost instantaneous. If not, uncheck the Use GPS and then recheck it. My TomTom does like to take a bit to sync up, but when I go to the Settings>GPS Config area then it finds the satellites real quick.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

smo1a is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGUS View Post
FIX IS HERE -

Sounds like you're only working w/ 'AGPS', so not true GPS.
First in Google Maps do you have the option checked to 'Use GPS'?

I had the same issues at first, then I followed the instructions and ran the apps as in this post -
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598

Make sure you install the SDKcerts CAB first, then restart the phone. Then install Quick GPS. This will restart for you a second time now. Then connect to the internet via browser or whatever, then run QuickGPS and 'Download' the latest satellite info. When I didn't connect to the net first, QuickGPS failed to download the updates.

Now run Google Maps, should be almost instantaneous. If not, uncheck the Use GPS and then recheck it. My TomTom does like to take a bit to sync up, but when I go to the Settings>GPS Config area then it finds the satellites real quick.
I think you are referencing lock times. I have a very quick lock on sats, but the lag in tracking movement for navigation in TomTom is a fu%#king joke! I had used TomTom on my mogul and touch with flawless precision and now with the TP2 it is completely unusable. I saw on XDA there was an improvement for GSM models, but so far no love for CDMA. Hopefully a fix or firmware update soon will help.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
ok i will chime in here since i already chimed in on another thread i started...the gps lag is horrendous to say the least on this device. I have tried google...telenav(sprint app) garmin xt and tomtom...all with the same results...standing still in my driveway it shows me on the next block 30 feet away. Driving 30mph up to the next intersection...it doesnt catch up till well after i have made my turn. I know this is a phone first but when you promote a product as having said features...at least make them work. i have a mogul that i use for standalone gps and the damn thing is more accurate than my finedrive 350 gps. I honestly feel this is just another slapdash build put out by htc.
You are not the first person I have heard say this. Not good.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G baby!

bwillet is a n00b

Well, so much for getting the TP2 for Sprint for me. I was SO hoping that they would pay attention to the lag issue. GPS is my killer app (love my Garmin) as I travel very frequently across the US, but I'm also directionally stupid, so the lag kills me. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do, as there aren't any other good options for SERO...

crap crap crap crap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2