PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone going to pass on the tp2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I hope you and your money will be ready to be let down with the hero.First android phone is going to be full of bugs and from what i read slow as heck so ill be happy with my larger screen on my pro 2 and then read and listen to all the people asking when is the hero coming then crying about had bad it is.
congrats on the thread jack! i remember you from the countless threads you've started about 2. i hope i don't see you complaining about that phone!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I hope you and your money will be ready to be let down with the hero.First android phone is going to be full of bugs and from what i read slow as heck so ill be happy with my larger screen on my pro 2 and then read and listen to all the people asking when is the hero coming then crying about had bad it is.
Uhh & the Sprint Touch Pro 2 isn't... Come'on, get real buddy...

Read a few posts up, driver issues & what not will already be a factor for the Pro2.... welcome to the club before the phone gets here.

This is why we hack & tweak...

Last edited by Genjinaro; 08-14-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Uhh & the Sprint Touch Pro 2 isn't... Come'on, get real buddy...
see my post about him lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess it's just gonna be personal opinion. In my opinion just the screen alone is worth 300 bucks to upgrade. It's gonna be about a year before the next gen snapdragon/WM7/WiMax phones get here, I'm not gonna spend that year with a 2.8 inch screen when I could have something better during that time. Even if it was completely 100% identical and they called it a Touch Pro 1.1 because the only change was a 3.6 inch WVGA screen I would pay 300.00 for it. That being said, I'm gonna pass on it anyway :P I think I want the Omnia 2 or the Whitestone.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Account Disabled

i like how we can go back and forth about a phone that ain't out yet!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've stuck with the Mogul, after getting everything working right. The TP would also quickly prove to be full of initial problems, and I didn't want to spend 6 months of the 1st year of ownership fixing them, like I did with the Mogul. But my Mogul (only 1 replacement) is getting tired, I have no backup phone in the event of a total failure (my 1st one just had button issues, but was useable until the replacement came), and I can't afford to be without a phone for even a day, 7 days a week, as I care for about a billion dollars of properties. So it's time I put the Mogul into use as an emergency reserve, and get the TP2. All the upgrades from the Mogul to to TP will apply to me (more RAM, etc.), plus the few more from the TP to the TP2.

That being said, I WILL wait at least a week or so, until problems creep up, and I determine if they are too great. However, with so many tweaks from the TP and Diamond that will work on the TP2 (or be quickly forthcoming), I don't think it will take so long to get it working smooth. We will also benefit from the TP2 being out for a while in GSM, and a month or so in CDMA, so fixes/solutions will already be happening.

But, if features I need are having issues, I will wait as long as it takes, or get something else. But I really hope this works. I like Sprint and SERO
Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san

Alltel users like me will be waiting permanently since in a few months we're being shipped over to Atlantic Tele Networks. Good God I'm dreading it. I'm already looking for ways to get out of contract. Push comes to shove I'm going to send this damn TP in for every little thing and invoke the lemon law. I'll be damned if I'm pushed to some out-of-the-blue roaming provider that operates primarily in the Caribbean!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm gonna pass on the TP2 as well. I don't think a bigger screen and a louder speaker is worth buying another phone. Even if the tp2 has excellent battery life, it's ok. My phone can last all day on a single charge, and that's all I need.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
That being said, I WILL wait at least a week or so, until problems creep up, and I determine if they are too great.
sad thing is, it took htc until may, maybe june to get the tp1 working right (refurbs that is, still issues with new ones).
Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
i like how we can go back and forth about a phone that ain't out yet!
Hehe.. what there is to talk about now?

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2