PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is tmobile out of their mind?

well, ill easily pay 350 for the tp2...... Sprint better hurry and at least give a real release date or they will lose me to tmobile...... If by next friday sprint dont have a release, Ill be going to tmobile, ill pay the 350 for the phone, a deposit if need be, and the 200 cancelation to sprint.... Its not about money anymore, its about who will have the phone.... Sprint had their tp way before lets say verizon, then they gimped it..... no way, give me a release date sprint, or im a tmobile dude now.....
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
well, ill easily pay 350 for the tp2...... Sprint better hurry and at least give a real release date or they will lose me to tmobile...... If by next friday sprint dont have a release, Ill be going to tmobile, ill pay the 350 for the phone, a deposit if need be, and the 200 cancelation to sprint.... Its not about money anymore, its about who will have the phone.... Sprint had their tp way before lets say verizon, then they gimped it..... no way, give me a release date sprint, or im a tmobile dude now.....
Take it from me, a past T-Mobile customer: Do NOT switch from Sprint to T-Mobile. You will have so many regrets, it's ridiculous. Their coverage area is less than satisfactory and they only have about five 3G areas in the entire country. EDGE is a maximum of something like 114kbps, and that's all you'll get.

With the exception of the fantastic customer service I received from them, T-Mobile is the single worst carrier I've ever had.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
No joke, that's inspiring stuff right there

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How do i find out if there is 3g in my area, cause if i get 3g at home and work, i dont care if i get 2 kbps anywhere else, sprint is starting to get cobwebs in their arses....... yall that say the tp2 is no upgrade... lol have you seen the screen next to the tp1? it dwarfs it, i feel like im rocking a sweet phone with a small asz flip phone size screen, every phone out there now has a bigger screen than the tp1, i cant even say how cool the phone is when the iphones screen makes it look future, i feel old school with this hug tp1 with small screen..... pfffffft sprint,,,, 1 week and your out...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Verizon is going to charge exactly the same. $350-$50 NE2 is going to make it $299. I think thats exactly where it should be.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
lol another reason to hate tmobile. Way over priced I see tons of tmobile people going to ATT to get the icrap.
The funny thing is someone at apple can probably sh*t in a bag and call it iCrap and it will probably still sell millions on release day while bringing a premium price on ebay. I hate apple but you have to give them props for knowing how to build customer enthusiasm.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wytecaztle is keeping up the good workwytecaztle is keeping up the good work

the sprint touch pro rightnowis 399.99 w/ contract, so the new one is going to be aroundthis price, whats the problem?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wytecaztle is keeping up the good workwytecaztle is keeping up the good work

they say the coveragearea for tmobile in comparison to sprint , lets say nationwife is like comparing texas to the whole us.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I just came back from tmobile checking out the tp2. I have to say it is pretty nice and feels really solid. This phone is much better built than the tp 1. I tried everything it can do and I can say that it is pretty much the exact same thing as the tp1 in my opinion but the screen really makes you want it.

I am not saying that it does not have any upgrades to it but I can say it doesn't have anything above and beyond the tp1. I snapped some pics and they were nice and clear. I used the opera browser and was a little let down. The touch screen does not react too good using it. I tried clicking links and I would have to do it two to three times to get it to do what I wanted. I did load opera mini and it worked flawlessly but to navigate your bookmarks you have to use the keyboard. The zoom slider in my opinion is not the greatest and works when it wants to. I wish they kept the scroll wheel or onscreen zoom like the omnia.

I would get it just for the screen and the great build quality myself, but that's just me. I don't know about the 350 price tag though. Especially since it's been years and years since tmobile had a htc windows smartphone. The rep told me tmobile is putting all it's money into the My touch 3g and not really focusing on the new tp 2.

I went to sprint too and they say that they are preparing for their launch in the beginning of september but could not confirm a date. They kept telling me to wait for the tp 2. Theirs will not be blotted like tmobile and cingulars version.

Last edited by jjday7; 08-12-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: more info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Take it from me, a past T-Mobile customer: Do NOT switch from Sprint to T-Mobile. You will have so many regrets, it's ridiculous. Their coverage area is less than satisfactory and they only have about five 3G areas in the entire country. EDGE is a maximum of something like 114kbps, and that's all you'll get.

With the exception of the fantastic customer service I received from them, T-Mobile is the single worst carrier I've ever had.
I just checked the tmobile site for 3g coverage, and if its right (entered my address) it shows me surrounded in only 3g coverage, it doesnt even show edge anywhere on the map... I live in a pretty large city (portland Oregon to be exact) so i think ill get great 3g service.... Imma go to tmobile now to check out their pro2, if i like it and things are at the right price i.e. deposite, im in on it i will switch next week at payday in a second, this sob for sprint has been rumored since june lol, well tmobile has no rumores, its here guys, and if sprint dont hurry up, Ill be rocking a pro2 reading all the so called rumores in here..... peace

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2