PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't Buy This TP2 Skin Cover

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item19b73c4a10

I bought this skin for my TP2 on eBay recently for around $15. The material that it is made of is quality stuff (smooth clear silicone), but the fit is terrible. It rendered the slider almost unusable. It also pooched out around the charger/headphone port area very badly. It fits nothing like the photo. It's a great idea, but I just don't think a soft silicon cover will work on a slider phone very well. I don't like hard cases because they scratch and leave the phone shell looking bad when they are removed. So idk???
The worst part of it was that it comes from Hong Kong so it took like a month to get to me and now I cannot return it because it will cost more to ship it back than the amount of refund I would get back.
I was anticipating a quality product for a whole month only to be disappointed with a $15 pile of silicone crap.
I guess I'll just have to download an app that creates a forcefield of protection around my phone. Anyone have a .cab file for that???

Last edited by tvandyck7; 11-26-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Don't Buy This TP2 Skin Cover

it's EBay and a generic product
If you're not satified with it, contact the seller and see if they'll refund/credit you

"7 day money back, buyer pays return shipping"

thanks for the heads up too!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item19b73c4a10

I bought this skin for my TP2 on eBay recently for around $15. The material that it is made of is quality stuff (smooth clear silicone), but the fit is terrible. It rendered the slider almost unusable. It also pooched out around the charger/headphone port area very badly. It fits nothing like the photo. It's a great idea, but I just don't think a soft silicon cover will work on a slider phone very well. I don't like hard cases because they scratch and leave the phone shell looking bad when they are removed. So idk???
The worst part of it was that it comes from Hong Kong so it took like a month to get to me and now I cannot return it because it will cost more to ship it back than the amount of refund I would get back.
I was anticipating a quality product for a whole month only to be disappointed with a $15 pile of silicone crap.
I guess I'll just have to download an app that creates a forcefield of protection around my phone. Anyone have a .cab file for that???
That skin is for the GSM Touch PRO 2 that's why the charger & headphone jacks don't line up
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

When will these sellers learn that their are differences within the same model depending on carrier and/or network type. And need to state that the cover will only fit "this type of TP2".

tvandyck7, I hope you now know to look at eBay listings very carefully. The first thing I noticed was the front camera, and then the small bottom (no 3.5mm jack). These two thing told me that this case is for a GSM TP2. Lesson learned

EDIT: BRIVERS73 beat me to it

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
When will these sellers learn that their are differences within the same model depending on carrier and/or network type. And need to state that the cover will only fit "this type of TP2".

tvandyck7, I hope you now know to look at eBay listings very carefully. The first thing I noticed was the front camera, and then the small bottom (no 3.5mm jack). These two thing told me that this case is for a GSM TP2. Lesson learned

EDIT: BRIVERS73 beat me to it
Yeah, I noticed that after the fact. I had just gotten the phone and didn't really even know there was a difference between the GSM and CDMA models until days later. It definitely would have helped if it were listed in the auction though. Oh well. I'm not going to worry about sending it back. I guess I'll just give it to someone with a GSM TP2. Any takers?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipod 4g
Carrier: vodafone

andrewstone81 is a n00b

I don’t think that every skin cover would be a problem for your mobile, you should be careful before buying those for your mobile. I know some good companies can exchange your skin cover if it’s okay or not to be used for long time. But precautions are better than prevention. When I buy blackberry mobile than first things I do is check out the fitting of my skin cover, after all it’s about my blackberry and my first expensive mobile too.

Blackberry torch skin cover

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2