PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
**6/11/2011 update **Screen off while locked script

Alright , what exactly I have for you guys , is a script that will toggle your screen off after a certain delay in seconds from becoming awakened by say a text message , or searching for service . This increased by battery life exponentially !

some other lockscreens already have this ability (PocketShield) I purchased pocketshield , liked it , then flashed to a windows mobile 6.5.x build and found that lockscreen to be phenomenal . I love how when I get a text it unlocks firectly to that convo instead of to the sms app like pocketshield did . I also loved pocketshield's ability to screen off in a few seconds . Which the WM lockscreen didn't . Even if the screen was getting pressed PocketShield would still turn off the display . WM didn't , so I wrote this script , which now my WM lockscreen is , to me , the best and now my favorite .

In addition , I've tried HD2 proximity screen off and adjusted the reg to make it use the proximity sensor turn off the screen , but there were many times I would get multiple messages at once and the screen would still stay on regardless the proximity sensor was blocked .

the delay time is custom , on first run it will prompt you with a time ! forgot to add that ! lol .

to install:

YOU NEED TO BE RUNNING THE LATEST MORTSCRIPT FOUND HERE
http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...n=view&menu=29

Just run the .cab file then look in your start menu for "Change Your Delay Time" and click it . ENJOY !

some facts and knowledge:
This only works for those using the standard windows mobile lockscreen . I also use lockdevice which locks my device the second I hit the sleep button. don't worry , im working on a script for those who use another lockscreen , ie throttlelock , and don't have this option .

if it doesn't work for you , post back with your issues and ill be sure to solve them for you !

EDIT: UPDATE 5/29/2011
I made it into a cab file for easy installation .
I also made it so you no longer have to keep running the script every time you power off / soft reset . your settings are saved , and when you power on , the script automatically runs . so you do nothing .
I also made another script so you can change the delay time on the fly just by running the program located in your start menu after you install the cab . THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT
UPDATE: 6/10/2011
Instead of the screen just simply powering off . It completely goes back into standby . With the old cab , if you were to put your device to standby , then turn it on , and let the script power the screen off . If you pressed the end key you could hear the beep and see the lights come on . Now it truly goes back to sleep .

UPDATE: 10/18/11
Added a CAB that upon installation it will always unlock your phone to the today or home screen .

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , IF ANYONE HELPS YOU , JUST CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON , IT TAKES TWO SECONDS

Last edited by elesbb; 10-18-2011 at 02:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: screen off while locked script , just literally finished this

Just hit thanks. Been looking for a script like this for overnight when phone is plugged in.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey thanks PPCFreak ! does this script work ? I could write you a custom one that will only work while its charging . just let me know and I will serve !
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

slapped you some thanks havent tried it yet but will soon, just wondering if you are handy with mortscript. I have been trying to figure out how opera mini dials within the browser. Say i google walgreens and it gives 302-456-5789 if i click on the number it ask if i would like to call. click yes and it calls. No waiting on me to click the talk button. Would you be able to replicate that? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

whats your setting?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
slapped you some thanks havent tried it yet but will soon, just wondering if you are handy with mortscript. I have been trying to figure out how opera mini dials within the browser. Say i google walgreens and it gives 302-456-5789 if i click on the number it ask if i would like to call. click yes and it calls. No waiting on me to click the talk button. Would you be able to replicate that? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD!!!
hmmm .. I'm not following you here . lol . what exactly would you like the script to do ?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
whats your setting?
I have my screen power off after 5 seconds . if that's what you meant by settings lol
Old 05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
hey thanks PPCFreak ! does this script work ? I could write you a custom one that will only work while its charging . just let me know and I will serve !
Sorry about that. I download the script and forgot the run it.

I have it setup now. Will test it out today and get you some feedback by Monday.

Kicker is now that my company had taken over my TP2, I don't get as many TXT messages as I use to....so I will have some people send me some during the day today and during the night and watch the screen to ensure it does the 5 second turn off.

And having the script at setup ask if screen turn off only during AC power would be great addition.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

do i have to run it everytime i restart phone?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
do i have to run it everytime i restart phone?
yes , I was thinking of making a cab that would put the script into the startup folder so it would run right away when you power on . or , making the script put a copy of your settings into the startup folder . I just don't really find it a bother to run it each time I power off . if it bothers you though I'll be glad to make it so you don't have to ^-^
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2