PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   If I try to change keyboard it wouldn't change. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140731)

gera229 02-09-2011 02:24 AM

If I try to change keyboard it wouldn't change.

I have a Sprint Touch pro 2 and this problem I noticed happened when someone texted me and I added them to an existing contact and my keyboard changed to the onscreen keypad with numbers for no reason. I was unable to change it until waiting for a VERY long time.

I try to change it by selecting the arrow at the bottom middle where there is a keyboard picture and it's on it's right side.

Now I have the qwerty on screen keyboard set, but I want to set it to the compact keyboard and it would not work. (FYI the keypad won't work either it's not changing).

I never installed any custom keyboards after my last hard reset.
Soft reset does not solve my problem.

What I have installed:
Touch pro 2 cleanup by goodthings2life
wimospeed
wmwifirouter
opera mini 5
google maps
shakeandsave
cookie's Home tab
CHT Editor
Drum kit Ace
EA mobile Doom2rpg v35.0.97
EA mobile Worms v35.0.38
nfsshift patched

I am thinking of a hard reset, but wonder if anyone else know how to fix this or have this problem.

boredandtattooed 02-09-2011 05:16 AM

Re: If I try to change keyboard it wouldn't change.

start>settings>personal>input

gera229 02-09-2011 05:17 AM

What do I do from there?

eric12341 02-09-2011 07:58 AM

select compact keyboard.

gera229 02-09-2011 11:18 AM

I could not find it there. I guess this is what my problem is? I just wonder how I even got the keypad with numbers on there stuck for quite a while like it was a glitch.

Also wonder what might have removed compact keyboard from the settings.
In the drop down I only see the words touch input.

eric12341 02-09-2011 11:33 AM

try pressing the ABC button. jaja I'm starting to think that this is too much of a phone for u,uve asked more questions about it than anyone else. u should spend time in the settings menu before posting because 70% of what u asked is there.

gera229 02-09-2011 01:40 PM

So the keyboard just randomly changed to HTC number keypad and I can no longer change it to the keyboard view.

Lol yeah I asked many questions so I can get ahead as far as possible, and at the same time was messing with settings in the menu and found nothing, so I asked.

horndoctor 02-09-2011 04:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

If you are using the 6.5 rom you don't have the little full keyboard if that's what you want. You should have all the others though which can be selected where bored said at start/settings/personal tab/input.

gera229 02-09-2011 10:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I enabled ABC and it doesn't seem to solve my problem. As you can see in the picture changing settings would not change the keyboard.

eric12341 02-10-2011 12:10 AM

try switching through it until it changes otherwise u might have to do a hard reset. its possible that something u installed is conflicting with ur keyboard settings. what was the last thing u did before u noticed that this happened?