PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Kirby's Adventure Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so how much does it cost you to for a license to the rights to use Kirbys image and name?? dont you have a Mario Jump game and Tiger Woods something or other too??

all those images and names even are someone else Product, licensed and tradmarked..

you havent got any flack for that yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
. Do you walk around your whole life judging everything you see?

ohhh violation jeez man did I take your property or something.

Nintendo is a huge company

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

when did this become 'Bash the OP' thread.

I agree that using the images and likeness is not legal but do you really need to bash and over bash the OP?

Come on, lets all try and get along.
well lets see, I asked a question.. in a very non intimitading manner even.. it required that specific way of asking because my GF is currently becoming an ANdroid/iOS App and Game developer.. we're hoping to have a game AND app that catches fire like an "Angry Birds" or something in about the next 13-15 months...

we're not stupid and would like to make some test games, First... easiest way to get a zillion downloads and then Feedback(unless your the OP of this thread, because his games are pretty lackluster) is to use a name, likeness, image of something thats already been popular before... this is where licensing comes in..

Apps and games are no different that ANY other form of media.... I cant write a series of Novels and name the character Harry Potter, give it away for free and not expect to get sued... just like i cant make a game called Tiger Woods or Super Mario anything, give it away for free without getting sued...

I mean people do realize Verizon, big powerhouse VZW, had to pay for the name DROID for their product line, right?? you know because George Lucas trademarked the term "DROID" before anyone else.. why dont you hear boxing announcers say "llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllets get ready to ruuuuummmmbbbbbblllllllllllleeeeeeee"......ever!?? ? because that dude, tradmarked his phrase... gay ass 50 Cent, tradmarked the phrase " G-G-G-G G-Unit" just to stop The Game for making fun of him.. said, now anytime he does it, he has to pay Me for it......

ALL perfect example of how JUST ONE WORD, or a phrase, can cost MILLIONS of dollars to use.. not to mention using Images and Likeness of someone Famous(even 2d and 3d cartoon,game character) - doin any of this, even implies endorsement, if its a real person..

**i also have a buddy in a popular band around here named Rotation.. back in the day they wanted to put a twist on Magic Carpet Ride... cost him $50.. another friend, Cyndi Syringe covered 'One' by Metallica.. want to know what Metallica charged??? $0.... so its worth it to see what the price is, can be next to nothing.. and then you have the go ahead to do more even than yuou wanted because yuouve paid to do so... also prevents Millions possibly in legal action, over "test games"**

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 02-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op answered the question asked so i guess its his butt on the line so lets just move on or use the report button if you think he (op) crossed a line that would affect you or the site so back on-topic please. (pretty please)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if my points valid: thread should be closed..

your a mod..
Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
if my points valid: thread should be closed..

your a mod..
ya but im not a lawyer or know if your correct in regards to this specific case but im off to ask admins. about it so we will see what comes of it. im not on any sides here so im clear im just trying to get on topic but if that is wrong then we (ppcg) will fix it. thanx for your input and its always good to use report button so all mods/admin see it.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

When did we get so uppity here about this kind of stuff? If he was selling it it would be one thing. Hell EVERY rom here uses other companies property. We let those slide. Trademark infringement could be enforced on this but until Nintendo is saying "Mr. X please remove this as it breaches our copyright and trademarks" it's fine by me.

rogelio rios, nice to see you not trolling and doing something useful by the way.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post

rogelio rios, nice to see you not trolling and doing something useful by the way.
haha ... says the guy who trolls just to leave that comment...

Mod, ex Mod, whatever you are now-a-days - taking shots now.. way to take the high road buddy...sweeet! its cool, ill go back to working on MMS for XDAndroid - somethng people will get some real use out of, rather than a low rent Vid Game or a BS, bugged-out ROM..

Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
haha ... says the guy who trolls just to leave that comment...

Mod, ex Mod, whatever you are now-a-days - taking shots now.. way to take the high road buddy...sweeet! its cool, ill go back to working on MMS for XDAndroid - somethng people will get some real use out of, rather than a low rent Vid Game or a BS, bugged-out ROM..

wahh wahh wahh less crying here more "working on MMS for XDAndroid"

Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
wahh wahh wahh less crying here more "working on MMS for XDAndroid"

Haha way to shut him up. I will be making another game soon in a week or so. I guess I got to get ready for more complaints again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
kirby windows mobile, kirbys adventure