PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A little Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbertz View Post
Thanks everyone. I took Erics advise and flashed the rom he said. All went well so not scared anymore. I guess now to see whatever else cool is out here. Thanks again for the help !!!
Congrats, now that you have "jumped in" welcome to your new addiction.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

don't forget to hit thanks on the helping posts if u hadn't already done so
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because its the best rom that balances performance with RAM and eye candy unlike the ROM ur on. it also has the best battery life of any rom I used. I'm sure he'll most likely take the word of a VIP over a regular.
Ha! I defer to your superior VIP wisdom, I am not worthy.

Last edited by t-bob; 01-25-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: [SIC]
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pt2
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

bigbertz is a n00b

OK one more question. I went to my provider Sasktel to get a SIM card and when I put it in only the rogers network came up for GSM. The guy that unlocked my phone showed me on his rogers Sim and makde a call. Is there a setting that I have to change because if it unlocked it should work on sasktel, rogers , Telus and Fido which are GSM. I am I right on that??
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

TELUS is cdma i believe. u may have to purchase the sim unlocker found on this site in the development section.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigbertz is a n00b

The sim says that it is unlocked. I tried putting In a telus sim card and it didn't work. Didn't recognize the network put phone on gsm and didn't see the telus network just Rogers. Telus uses sasktel network here but shouldn't it see all available networks?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Has it been completely sim unlocked? Like eric said you may need to buy the sim unlocker to unlock it for all networks and you may have to flash a different radio. If your radio has a WU at the end of the version number it is completely unlocked. If it says WF or something else it may only be unlocked for non-canadian GSM networks.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigbertz is a n00b

I installed this one on the phone
Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Can you suggest one that might work if this isnt the right one?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

If I were you and I was in Canada, I would flash the Telus shipped rom which includes the Telus radio. It looks like you already HSPL unlocked so you can flash custom roms so that's good. Then go here:
Olipro->Creations(&RhodiumW_Unlock); - Touch Pro 2 Worldphone Unlocker

That will get you completely worldphone unlocked. Then stay with the Telus radio and flash the custom rom of your choice.

Last edited by horndoctor; 01-26-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because its the best rom that balances performance with RAM and eye candy unlike the ROM ur on. it also has the best battery life of any rom I used. I'm sure he'll most likely take the word of a VIP over a regular. ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Ha! I defer to your superior VIP wisdom, I am not worthy.
LOL T-bob, atta boy, you regular you.. By the way T-bob, what's your rep to post ratio anyway? (value of an individual post as judged by one's peers) 6 to 1?? ...a tad better than .6 to 1?? ..say maybe 10 times the quality? LOL!! Point? .. keep it clean & nice :>)) There's always a bigger fish!

Last edited by teradog; 01-26-2011 at 07:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2