PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC YouTube app

On the HTC TP2 we have the Youtube app. wonderful app i might add . however i noticed that its stopping in the middle of playback to buffer .. i never recalled this happening before . i only remember it buffering in the beginning then playing flawlessly there after . i am running my own cooked ROM but i flashed back to stock to test if it were my rom and it still does it on the stock ROM .. is this normal ?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC YouTube app

all depends on signal, since its streaming the media..... the more load time you give it, the less likely to buffer during playback...

-it just means that the vid is playing faster than its downloading.. so yes, its normal... maybe not typical for everyone, but still something that can happen to anyone..
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had full service . i had EVDO .. i just dont remember this happening to me before .. i am able to tether to my laptop and watch youtube vids just fine .. i dont have the buffer issue like i do on my phone .. i almost feel as if the bandwith is limited on the youtube app .. i dont know .. lol
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

on the last lead rom i noticed this and this was on either wifi or Ev but the videos i was watching were the youtube vids of this girl that im currently talking to (theyre deleted from the youtube site but i can still watch them on the app) so maybe thats y its like that for me but i havent tried them on the 6.1 stock rom im on since she uploaded newer videos
Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Threadstarter

haha nice Eric . lol anyhow , what are your thoughts / solutions ? I have changed the default buffer size to 100 and it played perfectly . however took some time to buffer .
Old 12-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
haha nice Eric . lol anyhow , what are your thoughts / solutions ? I have changed the default buffer size to 100 and it played perfectly . however took some time to buffer .
Maybe try lowering the quality settings.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Threadstarter

I did that , it helped but it was almost like watching it via streaming media . so I played with the registry and adjusted some of the buffer times and now it just takes longer to buffer in the beginning , which doesn't bother me . lol I just was surprised how I've never had this problem before .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2