PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP
Carrier: Sprint

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LOUD and COMFORTABLE BT Earpiece?

So far I have not found anything that even comes close to the Motorola HX1.

It has a bone mike - absolutely the best noise cancelling technology. when enabled the normal noise cancelling mike is turned off and only the bone mike will pick up the vibrations from your inner ear whenever you speak. No other sounds will be picked up at all.
It is light weight -
It has an extremely long battery life - I can go several days of regular use before it even suggests that it needs charging
It has voice prompts to tell you what is going on -
It is $69 at Costco -
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrown69 View Post
So far I have not found anything that even comes close to the Motorola HX1.

It has a bone mike - absolutely the best noise cancelling technology. when enabled the normal noise cancelling mike is turned off and only the bone mike will pick up the vibrations from your inner ear whenever you speak. No other sounds will be picked up at all.
It is light weight -
It has an extremely long battery life - I can go several days of regular use before it even suggests that it needs charging
It has voice prompts to tell you what is going on -
It is $69 at Costco -
HOW loud is it?
I just watched a video and the stealth mode sounded bad.. BUT I am told it is really LOUD because of the way it fits in your ear.. how comfortable is it? I found it for around $34 (including shipping) on buy.com and ordered one since I am a NUT for bluetooth headsets trying to find the best one (only way is to try them yourself)

here is the review I watched:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFKuw1sdqg

Last edited by djqwikcut; 08-29-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Jabra bt8010 is what i use its loud and confortable and supports a2dp and a option stereo headset attachment for both ears i've been using it for years
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MrBigKid is becoming a great contributor

I have tried just about every single bluetooth headset out there.
Most of the expensive ones are OK for occasional use. But if you have heavy demands or just want the best, they will not pass muster.

I spend alot of time on the phone during the day giving tech support or calling customers as I travel. During the evening I spend alot of time on a bridge line as part of project work. I have found a few that worked good in some areas and bad in others. I have only found ONE that exceeded my needs in ALL areas.

16 HOURS of talk time. Yes you read right, stay on the blue tooth ALL day if you want.

So loud you could turn it up to it's loudest setting and lay it on the table as a speaker phone.

Noise canceling that ACTUALLY works. I can drive with the windows down, the radio on and talk to my wife and she will ask if I have left work yet.

I have paid over 150 bucks for junk. This costs right at 120 bucks and comes with home charger, car charger and USB cable. You get an ear hook, a neckband and a headband. Leather ear pieces and foam earpieces in different sizes all for the same price. Try getting that good a deal elsewhere.

Sold yet? Check it out!

And no I have no affiliation with the company besides being a customer.

MBK
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started

Heres a thought from an every day joe. I do not know about models, nor specs, nor do i care to investigate. I did it the old way. I tried about 5 different ones. Old, tried, and true: You get what you pay for. Jawbone worked the best. Most people could not tell I was on a bluetooth when i spoke to them. Does that mean noise cancelation? I dont know. When people call me, almost instantly I can tell they are on a bluetooth. Can you say annoying?! Jawbone did the job for me. Do not know, name or model, i threw the packaging away.

Last edited by bigdinog; 08-30-2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: ..
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

OP: http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-Eargels-.../dp/B003C7E3NI

They aren't "for the Icon" like the listing says, they are just the eargels with the rubber tabs in back (apparently there's another style that doesn't have the tabs and won't stay on, so you do need the correct ones). In the old days Radio Shack sold them but I don't think they do anymore.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
HOW loud is it?
I just watched a video and the stealth mode sounded bad.. BUT I am told it is really LOUD because of the way it fits in your ear.. how comfortable is it? I found it for around $34 (including shipping) on buy.com and ordered one since I am a NUT for bluetooth headsets trying to find the best one (only way is to try them yourself)

here is the review I watched:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFKuw1sdqg
It is the only earpiece that I can hear with and people can hear me on even when I am in a night club next to the speakers. (did that just for fun) I don't have a problem using it while driving or at the airport. The only thing is You have to try and figure out when the best time to use which mike is. usually when someone says "what" once then I switch to the other mode. The normal mike sounds the best and the noise cancelling actually works pretty good, but when the ambient noise gets too high it tries to cancel out too much noise and gets muffled. Switching to the bone mike solves that.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

OK so I bought the HX1 ear-piece.. its LOUD but not as loud as I want and still hard to har when it is NOISY... I have a bunch of other ear pieces.. two of them stand out .. the SOUND ID (loud but not comfortable and I cant wear it too long)... BUT the best ear piece in terms of VOLUME is the plantronics discovery 650. BOY is thing LOUD and COMFORTABLE.. I have had it for years.. the only issue is that there is TOO MUCH STATIC so I cant use it and people have a hard time understanding me. So, is there something as loud as the PLANTRONICS DISCOERY 650?? its very loud!

I expected the motorola HX1 to be be louder based on how it sits in your ear.. it isnt.. HOWEVER, I will say it is the best sounding ear piece as no one knows I am on an ear piece...
Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I want this one

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Resea...3541797&sr=8-1

but can not afford the price and NONE are on ebay so its definitely not a common unit. Grrrr

Just ordered an HX1 for $29.99 shipped will see how well it works.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I want this one

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Resea...3541797&sr=8-1

but can not afford the price and NONE are on ebay so its definitely not a common unit. Grrrr

Just ordered an HX1 for $29.99 shipped will see how well it works.
Read the review on AMAZON and it says its not loud enough... Let me know how you like the HX1. I am not liking it too much... I have both the ear spring pieces and the other ones with the ear loop.. Its hard to get a comfortable fit you can leave in all day. Also, I figured that since it goes into your ear different then most other models, it would be LOUDER.. it isnt very loud.. that old plantronics unit I have is 10X louder (just too much static to use anymore - It was one of the first ear pieces I had)..... Maybe someone else who has the HX1 can chime in.. can you wear it all day? is it loud enough for you?

Thanks..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2