PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So displex made my scratches worse :/

had a bunch of mild scratches in one small area and one deeper one that caused the rainbow effect. spent twenty minutes with a soft cloth and the displex. when I turned the screen back on I had a ton of rainbows. maybe I did it wrong.

so what has someone used on scratches like this on a tp2? maybe the stuff that's supposed to fill the scratches in (rather than buff them out) will work better?

thank god for insurance.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bionic
Carrier: Verizon

86shelby is just getting started
Re: So displex made my scratches worse :/

screen protector
Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

Pulled from the displex product page:

Quote:
Attention: use only on non-coated surfaces and plastics; when used on mobile phones, treat only the transparent portions of the display lens. Not for use with touch screen displays.
I have heard of people using an egg, or banana, or toothpaste, but never tried this myself.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
I have heard of people using an egg, or banana, or toothpaste, but never tried this myself.
serious? that must smell bad after some time. honestly, I got over the paranoia and insured my phones. Owned my TP2 for nearly a year, several dozen drops(dog likes to pull phone from the charger cable), paint chipping on the corners, a couple of decent slashes on the screen from the drops, and the thing still runs like a champ! All the cuts seem to dissapear when the screen lights up, so it doesnt bother me any. and if anything does go horribly wrong, Sprint will get me a new one
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

I've used 3M rubbing compound and a clean microfiber cloth to rub out light scratches on the touchscreen with good results. Use compound sparingly and lite even pressure during the process.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

gotta love people who dont read disclaimers and directions lol
Old 08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)

PhatboyNYC is just getting started

Can someone explain what displex is and how it differs from other screen protectors?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatboyNYC View Post
Can someone explain what displex is and how it differs from other screen protectors?
he didnt use the screen protectors, he used this http://www.displex.de/polish/en/index.php a polish meant to buff out scratches
Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
pulled from the displex product page:

owned
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I saw the bit about displex not being for touch screens but based on this I decided to give it a whirl: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_displ...nes_if_not_why
that and the insurance

I also tried toothpaste, but no joy, and you gotta be careful not to leave any.

guess I'll get the protector. still curious if I can find something that fills the cracks. mostly it's just the rainbow effect that's distracting. maybe that goes away if it's filled in a bit. like he said, the smaller ones disappear once it's lit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
displex, rainbow, remove, scratches, screen