PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jalan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I edit Opera Mobile SAVE AS directories?

I flashed my Touoch Pro 2 to the new Sprint ROM with Windows Mobile v6.5 and Opera Mobile 9.7. I am having a minor issue when I go to save a file to my device from the web using Opera Mobile.

When selecting a file to download, the typical dialog box pops up giving me options to SAVE or OPEN the file. I typically pick SAVE, then always download to a directory called DOWNLOAD on my STORAGE CARD.

The problem is, when I select the STORAGE CARD, then go to select the directory, the options for directories show a few of my directories on my Storage Card, but the remainder of the location choices are consumed by a ton of COPILOT/SPEECH/* directories. I have ALK's CoPilot Live GPS application on my storage card and there are a ton of SPEECH\* directories within the COPILOT directory.

Under no circumstances would I ever want to save a downloaded file within the COPILOT/* directory structure.

How does Opera Mobile determine the folders to populate in the SAVE options? And more importantly, how do I influence this so that I can remove the CoPilot/* options and include the DOWNLOAD folder that I want?

Thank you.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: How do I edit Opera Mobile SAVE AS directories?

Moved to General Touch Pro 2 Discussion for more answers
Old 04-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm interested in this also, but no one seems to know...
Old 06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

I also have been having this issue. The problem is it is showing all the subfolders instead of just the root folders. Giving me only option to save to a few different folders. I have tried to format the card with no luck. I will look further into this and get back.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds to me like the copilot app has changed something. Maybe do some checking in that app.
Also, if you pull up opera config set the default download location to your Storage Card/Download folder.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

doesnt it only show "root" folders? i thought thats how it worked..

ie: like you can save to \my documents but not \my documents\"DOWNLOAD".. "download" shouldnt show if its a subdirectory..

pretty sure ive always noticed it this way, ive had to move folders to root before to get them to show... i do however use opera10 not 9.7- which is the version in question..
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
doesnt it only show "root" folders? i thought thats how it worked..

ie: like you can save to \my documents but not \my documents\"DOWNLOAD".. "download" shouldnt show if its a subdirectory..

pretty sure ive always noticed it this way, ive had to move folders to root before to get them to show... i do however use opera10 not 9.7- which is the version in question..
Yes, it should show only your root folders. But instead it shows all subfolders too. Its real annoying. Take a look at this screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (44.5 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (57.9 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (57.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Not to hijack the thread, but along the same topic, I use Opera Mini 5, and the new version does not even allow you to save to the SD... only main memory... the 4.2 beta allowed storage to the card... anyone know how to change the mini settings as well?

Thx
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but along the same topic, I use Opera Mini 5, and the new version does not even allow you to save to the SD... only main memory... the 4.2 beta allowed storage to the card... anyone know how to change the mini settings as well?

Thx
have you tried typing and going into the opera:config in your browser? to see if it will let you specify a target folder for saving?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

just tried that and don't see anything in opera:config related to where you save... thanks for the tip though...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2