PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HSC2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlock TP2 on a MAC??

Hello,

Just activated my TP2 and a friend suggested I upgrade to a new ROM. He said I have to unlock the phone first. I downloaded both files (unlock and Pluto.) but we have a MAC at home and the files are Windows. Are there MAC compatible files available to unlock the phone?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Unlock TP2 on a MAC??

nope...have to use windows
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

HSC2010 is a n00b

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: winmo 6
Carrier: sprint

emit4dais is a n00b

this is not possible as far as i know. had to go out and buy acer netbook to unlock/flash. coulda done it @ work, but didn't want to take that chance. actually like my job...but not very convenient to do it on public computer, considering u have to install additional software. maybe use bootcamp? good luck.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

i tried it on my mac via parallels and it wont communicate right through it, got bootcamp? just put windows on it and boot into windows and all is good

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

There is a program for the mac that is like Parallels but it is FREE and you can unlock your phone through it. It is called Virtual Box. You must have a valid copy of Windows and a legit Serial Key. I've used this program successfully.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrob View Post
There is a program for the mac that is like Parallels but it is FREE and you can unlock your phone through it. It is called Virtual Box. You must have a valid copy of Windows and a legit Serial Key. I've used this program successfully.
i have seen several posts on ppcgeeks that you can't hardspl unlock your phone using virtual box or parallels. you can flash roms, but not unlock. Are you positive that you've done the unlock using virtual box?

Last edited by razorloves; 08-18-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

ya i can flash just couldnt unlock
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i have seen several posts on ppcgeeks that you can't hardspl unlock your phone using virtual box or parallels or bootcamp. you can flash roms, but not unlock. Are you positive that you've done the unlock using virtual box?
I have certainly unlocked my phone using bootcamp but I must be clear that I have not tried to unlock using Virtual Box. I assume you can since I can connect my phone via active sync and even flash roms that I could also unlock the phone (since the process is similar to flashing a rom). I will be trying to unlock my friend's TP2 in the future and I will try to do it through Virtual Box.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrob View Post
I have certainly unlocked my phone using bootcamp but I must be clear that I have not tried to unlock using Virtual Box. I assume you can since I can connect my phone via active sync and even flash roms that I could also unlock the phone (since the process is similar to flashing a rom). I will be trying to unlock my friend's TP2 in the future and I will try to do it through Virtual Box.
I stand corrected. I meant to mention virtual ones only. I went and double checked the hardspl thread and do see a couple people mention that unlocking with bootcamp does work. thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2