PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: U.S. Cellular's new National 3G Data Coverage requires ROM upgrade on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekubahn View Post
ya, all you need is the PRI update. Running it here in Tulsa on my USCC phone with the mightyrom I have had a cpl of quirky issues with txts but i think that was service issues and not the phone itself.
thanks for verifying my hunch. appreciate it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I wasn't able to run the test after all. My wifes phone is pretty new and when I looked it had PRI version 2.33_027 and it already had the new 15096 PRL.

So, if anyone wants to give it a try:

1) Check your current PRI version and verify you need the update
2) Run the attached cab file to update your PRI (this is the cab file ripped directly out of the exe file provided by uscc, without any changes)
3) Softboot
4) Dial *228 to get the updated PRL
5) Softboot
6) Check to see if you have the new "Nation wide 3G Data" PRL
7) Let us know what you find.

CAUTION!
Read the rest of the thread before installing this. You've been warned.

Last edited by slochild; 07-23-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added warning
Old 07-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 and Motorola q9c
Carrier: US cellular

sevaspeo is a n00b

I did the update and dialed *228 but I still have the Ev icon on the top bar. Is it suppose to change to 3g or does it stay Ev?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:46 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ev is 3g.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 and Motorola q9c
Carrier: US cellular

sevaspeo is a n00b

I always thought that US Cellulars ev was the equivalent of 3g, but a little bit slower. Does this update mean I get the full 3g speed but on the ev network?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slochild View Post
Well, I wasn't able to run the test after all. My wifes phone is pretty new and when I looked it had PRI version 2.33_027 and it already had the new 15096 PRL.

So, if anyone wants to give it a try:

1) Check your current PRI version and verify you need the update
2) Run the attached cab file to update your PRI (this is the cab file ripped directly out of the exe file provided by uscc, without any changes)
3) Softboot
4) Dial *228 to get the updated PRL
5) Softboot
6) Check to see if you have the new "Nation wide 3G Data" PRL
7) Let us know what you find.
that's not how you update the pri. you have to do it like i said on previous page. just installing the cab doesn't change anything.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
that's not how you update the pri. you have to do it like i said on previous page. just installing the cab doesn't change anything.

So I update my stock rom to the MR release and it gave me the new radio, but my PRI stayed the same. Why would they release an update that would make me unlock my radio?

Any suggestions on how to get the new PRI to stick?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
So I update my stock rom to the MR release and it gave me the new radio, but my PRI stayed the same. Why would they release an update that would make me unlock my radio?

Any suggestions on how to get the new PRI to stick?
make you unlock your radio? i dont understand that question.

how did you flash the rom? doing it from sd card or from bootloader mode will not allow the pri to update. If you want to just do the pri, then just follow my instructions on previous page.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
make you unlock your radio? i dont understand that question.

how did you flash the rom? doing it from sd card or from bootloader mode will not allow the pri to update. If you want to just do the pri, then just follow my instructions on previous page.

I thought you had said the radio needed to be unlocked.

I used the .exe and USB to do it, I am about to do it again right now.

I have the 1.63 or whatever PRI
Old 07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
I thought you had said the radio needed to be unlocked.

I used the .exe and USB to do it, I am about to do it again right now.

I have the 1.63 or whatever PRI
if i did say that, please tell me where so that i can edit it. radio only has to be unlocked for sprint and uscc tp2's to use gsm carriers in the US. Nothing to do with this update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
national 3g, rom, tp2, upgrade, uscc