PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

0Gravity is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 GPS Mapping programs

Hi Jamice,
The file you suggested got me a bit further then I was....but I still have a problem, and was wondering if you could PM me to answer a question....I have been searching online for a few hours to find a solution but nothing is working!
Thanks
0Grav
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I spent time looking and I can't find anything too. I found this on HTC's site, does this help ?

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownlo...at=0&dl_id=624

My TP2 is on it's way, and use Tomtom 7+ on my titan all the time and I was planning on moving it over. I will not be a happy camper if I can't get it working on my newer phone

Any real answer will this help ???

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

holmtech is a n00b

I am using Waze. www.waze.com It's in it's early development stage for the us but I think it works well.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

0Gravity is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I spent time looking and I can't find anything too. I found this on HTC's site, does this help ?

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownlo...at=0&dl_id=624

My TP2 is on it's way, and use Tomtom 7+ on my titan all the time and I was planning on moving it over. I will not be a happy camper if I can't get it working on my newer phone

Any real answer will this help ???
Get the file in Jamice's link as suggested....after that I had to get new maps, and all is working fine now....I do have the Lag issue, but I have not tried any of the fixes for it yet, It does not bother me that much! If you have any trouble getting it working let me know!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor

I use Copilot Live8 for my GPS Navigation. It was $30 which was a lot cheaper than most of the other paid for Nav programs. It works flawlessly with one exception. I like to listen to Audio-books while on the road and Copilot will freeze the Audio playback between every chapter of the Audio-book so I had to resort to my Sansa for this purpose but over all I would definitely recommend Copilot.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
Get the file in Jamice's link as suggested....after that I had to get new maps, and all is working fine now....I do have the Lag issue, but I have not tried any of the fixes for it yet, It does not bother me that much! If you have any trouble getting it working let me know!
I did grab the fixed TT and with a e-mail to TT support, my new maps work fine (got them a few months ago). I still have a problem with lag.

I also have incar nav (bad logic tho, so I prefer to use tomtom time to time.

When traveling with the downloaded version of TT, I will pass the road, then about 2 seconds later, TomTom shows me passing the road. It might be fine on some back roads/areas where roads are far apart but, in a city, it would be almost worthless.

Is there a way to get it more accurate ? Or is there anything I can do here ?

Funny, I had TomTom working flawless on a XV6800 with less than 5 second locks 95% of the time(agps) and no lag, on a phone that does not support GPS from the provider and the new GPS supported phone lags...I'm lost...

Any idea ?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Igo works great for me..... if u search U can find it!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

TTN definitely works on the TP2... there are multiple threads on it even in this forum... the only issue was getting TTS to work and there is a long thread on that solution... I personally prefer Garmin XT but have used TTN in the past on a TP2... also, the new Bing, if you have not tried it, has turn-by-turn directions now, including TTS, is free, and works reasonably well actually... at least worth a quick look while you're sorting out your TTN issues...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2