PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

AngelDeath is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for any Guidenance with ROM

Hi All,

I posted this in XDA but havent gotten a response

I need a little help in understanding something, either by explaination, or by directing me to a webpage, but everything I found really doesnt explain it enough for me to understand.

I used 3 tools to extract a HTC ROM Leo, I used: NBHExtract, IMGFS utility (NBSpilt etc.) then used Package-tool to create the folders OEM and SYS, and now I'm stuck.

What I want to know is how do i go about making a cab file of something so I can install it? for example like the Messaging App. In the OEM folder it has two folders, one says for ex:

1) PACKAGE_LEO_HTCMessage
2) PACKAGE_LEO_HTCMessage_0409

How would I go about being able to cab the messaging system files, registry etc, and cab it? I know that these two folders arent the only two folders for the HTC messaging app, but I am trying to find how to go about knowing all the files associated that need to be in a cab so that I can put it in WinCE and test it out.

Now before someone goes and says this is the TP2 forum, I know, I'm trying to to extract and test different things out and see how it will work on the TP2, hence the Leo hotfix for the sms problem that I cabbed. But that was easy, because all the files were already there.

Thanks a million for any help.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Well, can't you flash a rom with that type of messaging or whatever else you want to test it out? Then if you are cooking a rom then cook those files in or replace them with the standard Rhodium messaging files instead of trying to cab everything?
Old 05-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

AngelDeath is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Looking for any Guidenance with ROM

No Im not trying to flash anything, what I am trying to do is put it in a cab file and install it, so if for whatever reason i need to remove it I can just uninstall it. I've seen alot of cooks and some non-cooks, create lack of a better word, packages by extracting programs from official roms, cabbing them so people can install them, thats what I am trying to do. As an example: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=Sms+hotfix this was the last hotfix HTC made for the HD2 back in Jan 24th, I took this hotfix extracted it, and then re-cabbed it to test on my spare TP2, and once I saw it worked, I posted it here so anyone having the sms issue could install this and retain the HTC msging app. But if you downloaded and extracted the cab you would see all the files for the hotfix, So in short, I am trying to create installable packages (cabs) to test a few things out as to bring them from the leo to the TP2. Primarily I am focusing in on the Manila system, not the OS, as we all know the OS is the same and so is Manila for the most part, thats why the hotfix I brought over from LEO worked, now I am trying other things to test.

Obviously flashing a leo rom would just brick the phone, or be less likely to remain stable since its a different micro-processor, and design, I know that
Old 05-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Well, chefs are currently cooking in the LEO's manila/sense and other enhancements in their custom roms I believe.
Some changes upgrades can't be cabbed and installed into older roms they have to be cooked in so everything works correctly. Right? I don't really know for sure but Good Luck to you anyway!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2