PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbC Ya562 View Post
need I say more? LoL (Didnt work)
Sounds like a you might be heading to the repair shop
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2
Threadstarter

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor
Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

Yea, I hope theey can fix it
Old 05-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok, last week my phone started trippin' when the screen goes off it wont turn back on unless I take the battery out and put it back in. So basically the screen will stay on while texting or on a phone call in speaker mode (the screen goes off when u put it to your ear) Its getting REAL old putting the battery in and out. Does anyone have a solution or am I SOL? And since I have had 3 replacements in 1 year I cant get a replacement.. I'd have to pay the 100 deductable. Although I could do that, and then upgrade (Im due for one) and get a htc Hero.... I dunno guys. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Need to check my thread on SOD standyby of death. worked for me!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok, last week my phone started trippin' when the screen goes off it wont turn back on unless I take the battery out and put it back in. So basically the screen will stay on while texting or on a phone call in speaker mode (the screen goes off when u put it to your ear) Its getting REAL old putting the battery in and out. Does anyone have a solution or am I SOL? And since I have had 3 replacements in 1 year I cant get a replacement.. I'd have to pay the 100 deductable. Although I could do that, and then upgrade (Im due for one) and get a htc Hero.... I dunno guys. Anyone else ever have this problem?
I had my phone replaced a while back and I am extremely gentle with my phone. My phone also started doing this afew weeks back but it seems to be more coincedentally after i installed the new Google maps or Nanogroove. I would ask first if you did either one of those apps also about that time you started having issues? (I run the Sprint 6.5 ROM). Also, next time it goes black and you cannot turn it on, try calling it or have someone call your number and see if it wakes up with a phone call. Mine will wake up this way and then I soft reset using PS shutxp. Please let me know if you have any of same characteristics. It is annoying but it does seem to be a software or OS conflict possibly. I can confirm if I turn my display off while google maps is running , often it will not turn back on. Obviously there is a good chance a hard reset would fix , but that's just wiping the issue with a fresh slate. It would be nice to find out what specifically is triggering the issue.

Last edited by lefty11; 05-06-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dont think its software related well at least not only software. Ive seen a couple come in the SAR Center with this issue. Ive had to swap the TS on them. I did a HR on one three different ways and it still didnt help at all. But as long as there isnt and PD/LD to the device, a repair center should replace it for you.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

I had the same problem earlier this week, it's not a software proble but a hardware one. Theystated that it had something to do with the display and connecting cable. Either way Sprint couldn't fix it and replaced it with a new phone.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I had the same problem earlier this week, it's not a software proble but a hardware one. Theystated that it had something to do with the display and connecting cable. Either way Sprint couldn't fix it and replaced it with a new phone.
If its not software related why does it work after battery is reinserted?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the same reason when a Rant or Rumor comes in with a white screen and you pull the battery back in and it powers up just fine until you start messing with it, then it goes back to messing up. Something in the hardware, like the flex cable.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
the same reason when a Rant or Rumor comes in with a white screen and you pull the battery back in and it powers up just fine until you start messing with it, then it goes back to messing up. Something in the hardware, like the flex cable.

Still dont make sense shouldnt it do it all the time messing with it like you said...and not only when screen goes off like OP posted. He said as long as screen doesnt go out its ok, he can text and make calls(speaker phone). Not a tech so i dont know
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

had this same exact issue happen with mine a few months back.

there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

take it in to a sprint store that can repair phones and they will tell you that they have no idea what's wrong with it either (meaning you will get a replacement phone at no cost to you). until then, set your phone to never go into standby mode after a certain time, keep the backlight as dimmed as possible, and try to keep it plugged in as much as possible.

it sucks but at least you will get a new(er) phone out of it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2