PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Unable To Use TP2 As A USB Device With My PS3 Anymore?

Im using the latest mighty rom sense 2.5 rom and i've noticed that i can no longer connect my touch pro 2 to my ps3 and have my ps3 read it as a mass storage device anymore to copy over mp3's from the phone to the ps3 or vice versa. Is anybody else experiencing this issue with this rom? i know on sense 2.1 it worked fine and stock verizon 6.1 and 6.5 roms it worked fine as well. anybody know whats going on here?

when i connect it to my laptop for usb mass storage mode it works fine and it works fine for activesync but the ps3 wont detect my phone
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

anybody??
Old 05-05-2010, 05:26 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Unable To Use TP2 As A USB Device With My PS3 Anymore?

im running MR 2.5 also, i dont get off until 6:00pm EST so when i hit the house ill give it a shot and post.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sykoticazndragon is becoming a great contributor

I'm on Full Force and tried using my TP2 as a mass storage device on my 120GB PS3 Slim and it worked fine. I don't know which version of Mighty ROM you're on, but it seems like Full Force works fine. Hope this helps you.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

whats full force?

im on mighty rom 2.5 the one that was released a few days ago i guess its the regular version. maybe ill give full force a try
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sykoticazndragon is becoming a great contributor

Mighty Mike released three ROMs on May 1st. Official, Special Edition, and Full Force, all of which use Sense 2.5. If you want to read up on the differences between the three of them, you can find it here. I'm guessing you have the Official installed, and can find both Special Edition and Full Force here.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I've got 2 Launch PS3's at home but I've never hooked it up this way
Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

have you tried going to usb and hitting triangle and selecting display all. that's how i get it to work with might's rom
Old 05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Question Re: Unable To Use TP2 As A USB Device With My PS3 Anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
have you tried going to usb and hitting triangle and selecting display all. that's how i get it to work with might's rom
when i connect it to the ps3 the usb icon never pops up on the ps3, the pop up appears on my phone asking me do i want to do active sync or usb disk drive, i select disk drive but then nothing else happens on the screen, the usb never shows or anything but the phone is charging

could it be my memory card? i have a Patriot Memory card could that be the problem? this never happened with my sandisk memory cards

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2