PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Does the TP2 really need a screen protector? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119716)

spectheintro 04-30-2010 11:49 AM

Does the TP2 really need a screen protector?

Hey all. So, I'm basically hopeless at putting on screen protectors. After a few months the thing is half-peeled off because it never set properly. It's annoying as hell.

Does this thing really need one? My iPod Touch has no screen protector and I've no visible scratches on the screen. How scratch-resistant is the TP2? Has anyone used it without a protector and been all right? Or will I end up with an unusable phone in a few hours?

Thanks everyone.

wesscoggin 04-30-2010 11:58 AM

Re: Does the TP2 really need a screen protector?

It will get scratches from everyday (not heavy) use. Fine and barely noticeable scratches, but it does scratch if you use your stylus at all. It's not that resistant against keys or other objects in a pocket either.

brokensparrow 04-30-2010 12:02 PM

Agree with the scratches. Yes do try again with the screen protector.

Tubra 04-30-2010 12:06 PM

+1 on the screen protector. Try amazon, they sell some good ones from about $0.01-$0.04, plus the $2.98 shipping.

yupkitoki 04-30-2010 12:07 PM

all i can say is... the day i got my touchpro 2 i had the sales rep put the protector on for me.. and i took it home and used my stylus and was messing around on it and i guess there was something hard stuck to my stylus cuz when i dragged it across it made a huge scratch on my screen protector.. if i didn't have it that screen protec....well... you get the idea..

Cicatrize 04-30-2010 12:07 PM

Your iPod has a glass screen which is harder to scratch. The surface of the TP2 screen is a very soft plastic and it will scratch, guaranteed. I found the easiest protectors to put on are the GhostArmor/Zagg types, and they are really friggin durable.

yupkitoki 04-30-2010 12:08 PM

what you need to do is wipe the screen and make sure there isn't one spec of dust.. then put it on as quickly but carefully as you can so no dust slips in between.

u8myfoood 04-30-2010 12:28 PM

Get the rubbery skin ones, they are less likely to peel off

TheBundo 04-30-2010 12:38 PM

I am going to present the opposing view. I use a belt holster, so never put my phone in a pocket with keys. On the other hand, I am in construction, so the phone does get banged around some, has fallen a few times, etc. I never bothered with putting the protector on, but I'm also not the type who agonizes over dings and scratched, and micro-examines my possesions for dings or scratches. Life is too short. I've had thie TP2 since Sept., btw, and no replacements

itony 04-30-2010 12:46 PM

i bought my invisibleshield online and then i want to one of the carts at the mall for them to install it. lucky for me they had a special on installation for 5$ off so i got it installed for only 10$!