PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

the same verizon that just said they won't carry the nexus one after all because they have the droid?
Did he have a release date on the iphone yet, I wouldn't count on that one till it hits.

who needs the support of microsoft when we have the support of ppcgeeks and xda-dev's???

Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnene20 View Post
So thats what I heard!! I called a Verizon store because my brother would like to own the Almighty TP2 and get rid of his BBstorm. When I spoke to the store owner there he said they do not carry the phone anymore because its discontinued....Really?? But he could order it for me and have it with in a few days. He said he will not be carrying anymore WM devices due to no support and was talking about how Microsoft blames HTC and Vise Versa for there lack of support. He said if my brother wants to get a phone he is better off going Android. He also mentioned how VZ will be getting the Iphone for next year! Intersting none the less, But back on topic!

So it kinda makes sense about no more WinMo seeing as how Crapy 6.5 is for Sprint and how long. I mean How LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG it takes them to come out with a decent rom, and when we get it its no where near our expectations!! IMO....and then I get on here and the first thing I see is how Android is on track to surpass apple app store!! So if you ask me Android is on fire, and I think WinMo feels the heat!!

Plus if you look at all the devices coming out in the near future there all running Android....dont quote me on that.....
Do people still believe everything they are told?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, Sprint TP mod to VZW, XV6800, Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TGabriele is a n00b

I've never seen the TP2 available in the local store. I've always been told that its only available through the online store. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

WinMo is a horrible OS compare to what else is out there. It's slow, laggy, freezes all the time. I love my TP2 for texting, the keyboard simply rocks but as far as the OS is concerned it's terrible. I will prob be jumping on board the HTC evo which I really don't want to give up a real keyboard or my sero plan but it looks awesome.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
WinMo is a horrible OS compare to what else is out there. It's slow, laggy, freezes all the time. I love my TP2 for texting, the keyboard simply rocks but as far as the OS is concerned it's terrible. I will prob be jumping on board the HTC evo which I really don't want to give up a real keyboard or my sero plan but it looks awesome.
I agree to a certain extent, but that evo has a 4.3 inch screen, you should be able to text fine lol
Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
I've never seen the TP2 available in the local store. I've always been told that its only available through the online store. Anyone else have a similar experience?
yea, at indirect dealers of sprint stores
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnene20 View Post
So thats what I heard!! I called a Verizon store because my brother would like to own the Almighty TP2 and get rid of his BBstorm. When I spoke to the store owner there he said they do not carry the phone anymore because its discontinued....Really?? But he could order it for me and have it with in a few days. He said he will not be carrying anymore WM devices due to no support and was talking about how Microsoft blames HTC and Vise Versa for there lack of support. He said if my brother wants to get a phone he is better off going Android. He also mentioned how VZ will be getting the Iphone for next year! Intersting none the less, But back on topic!

So it kinda makes sense about no more WinMo seeing as how Crapy 6.5 is for Sprint and how long. I mean How LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG it takes them to come out with a decent rom, and when we get it its no where near our expectations!! IMO....and then I get on here and the first thing I see is how Android is on track to surpass apple app store!! So if you ask me Android is on fire, and I think WinMo feels the heat!!

Plus if you look at all the devices coming out in the near future there all running Android....dont quote me on that.....
he feeding you one of the cornies lines. Shoudl have fired back "if thats true how come on verzions website the touch pro 2 is still listed?" and how come sprint and tmobile and AT&t are also still selling the devices? After he gives you yet another lame answer u proceed to leave and tell him to get a new job.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I agree to a certain extent, but that evo has a 4.3 inch screen, you should be able to text fine lol
Yea I think I'm just gonna suck it up but I have always been a huge fan of the TP2 keyboard. I have an ipod and hate the onscreen keyboard vs the TP2. I guess with anything I will get used to it but seems to be real keyboards seem to be getting phased out at least on higher end phones. I love having aps on my ipod which is something my phone just doesn't do very well.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post

I stop into two local VZ locations regularly as I know a few of the employees.

Neither location has EVER had a TP2 in stock & when I show them mine they aren't even sure what it is.........

~John
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post

I totally agree, but a co-worker of mine sold his TP2 & bought an HD2 & he absolutely hates the OS KB.

I heard him say the other day "I never should has bought this POS, I miss my TP2 KB in the worst way"

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2