PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115301)

pavemen 03-22-2010 04:29 PM

Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again?

Considering flashing the new Sprint ROM but I have my 6.1 version working exactly like I wanted and no complaints right now.

Been overwhelmed with posts here about it, what works, what doesn't, what may or may not be a bug, etc.

For those of you that have done the ROM upgrade from Sprint, would you do it again?

rastarob619 03-22-2010 04:32 PM

Re: Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again?

yes i would do it again:headbang:

mrchris1234 03-22-2010 04:34 PM

Nope not a chance... battery life dropped from 48 hours (with HTC's own extended battery) to less than 4 hours on average... sadly mine was working great with 6.1 other than a couple of very minor nits... wished I hadn't updated it...

mountainwampus 03-22-2010 04:49 PM

The update is definitely worth it. You get HTC sense, which is a better version of TF3D, or if you like a basic layout, they added the "windows default" home screen, for people who don't need all the foo foo and eye candy. The only feature that might not go over too well, is the honeycomb start menu, but it's easy to replace. BTW, battery life is fine.

dumpringz 03-22-2010 04:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

good thread. i have delayed my switch to 6.5 n have been waiting 2 c what the masses say .. my battery life sux either way so that wont be a reason not to .

perry.rush 03-22-2010 04:58 PM

NO. Actually trying flash the original ROM that I had on my TP2 with pocket express and all - but can't find it exaclty like it was on stock.

My Screen froze when it was hidden, if I went to an "about" tab you couldn't close it out because the red X has been removed from the right corner. Might look at using some of the tweaked ROMs, but the original 6.5 I was pulling off my phone within 24 hours.

Just saying

leerage 03-22-2010 05:03 PM

I'm not sure where users are seeing this battery drain issue. I've been running the ROM since it released and have yet to see an issue with battery life. Personally for me, battery life is the same or has improved just a bit. If you are burning through an extended battery in 4 hours, you got other problems then the ROM!

demonlordoftheround 03-22-2010 05:15 PM

I don't have any of the problems others are reporting. Battery life is good. Seems like alot of people don't do a hard reset after flashing, or they are adding some cabs for 6.1 that are messing things up.

Edwood 03-22-2010 05:17 PM

Battery life would depend greatly on how good your service signal is. I have pretty poor service where I live, living on the fringe of EVDO as well. With the stock 6.1 on the Touch Pro I had terrible battery life. With the Touch Pro 2 in the exact same conditions, I get much much MUCH better battery life with the stock 6.1.

supdawg 03-22-2010 05:18 PM

Battery life should be within 1% or so of 6.1. If it's significantly different. You need to do a hard reset and figure out what's causing it.

It's Windows people. The O/S won't change your battery life by 90%. LOL