PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

j-man22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint WM6.5 upgrade: Would you do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
I would definitely do the upgrade to 6.5 again. I love the new interface and except for a few minor issues was back running at 100% right after I did a restore with my SPB backup. My battery life is also fine.
I agree, It makes the phone seem new again with all the enhancements they added. Its a worth while upgrade, just make sure to hard reset after you install, to cut down on glitches.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor

Is hard-resetting via "clear storage" sufficient?

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

yachtspecco is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemen View Post
Considering flashing the new Sprint ROM but I have my 6.1 version working exactly like I wanted and no complaints right now.

Been overwhelmed with posts here about it, what works, what doesn't, what may or may not be a bug, etc.

For those of you that have done the ROM upgrade from Sprint, would you do it again?
It has some functionality improvements over stock 6.1. Opera is faster during use but slower to load. X button next to address bar is gone so closing pages is not as easy but do-able.
BLUETOOTH IS MUCH IMPROVED! at least for me with my Plantronics Discovery 925. It stops the conversation when you hit the button now. Voice command announces through the phone instead of the headset even though I have it set to only announce through the headset but hey its Windows. There's always something that doesn't work the way you think it should!
I had a lot of custom stuff on 6.1 home screen, chrome task bar icons, clock etc. that are gone but I give the guys on this site a few days and I'm sure I'll find a theme I can live with. I do miss my Harley background on the home screen though.....
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

port55 is a n00b

Im sorry for the noob question, but I am ignorant when it comes to these things.... Where do I get 6.5 from and what do I do? Is there a direct thread that tells me what to do? I am still reading and searching but like I said, im an idiot when it comes to these things. Any help would be great, thanks guys
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

well i just upgraded to 6.5 ... as there may be bugs it is what it is. my 6.1 stock rom had its issues but now its like having a whole new device 2 familiarize myself with & that much has me excited .. i just deleted a sh!tload of cabs off my card i know only worked with 6.1 like taskbars & such & am looking forward to using this device all over again as i was pretty bored with 6.1
Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 & Dell Axim x51v

geodescent is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtspecco View Post
BLUETOOTH IS MUCH IMPROVED! at least for me with my Plantronics Discovery 925.
Funny you should say that. I have the exact opposite experience (Sprint TP2.) I can no longer simultaneously utilize the Stereo Audio and Headset features of Bluetooth in my 2010 Mazda 3, as opposed to the 6.1 rom. I am forced to enable one or the other, and they frequently fail to pair.

I can't find any cab that fixes this problem, so unless you guys know of one, I'm taking it to the store to see if I can get it flashed back to 6.1 (unless you can download the old 6.1 flasher from HTC).

I specifically want to be able to listen to music through Windows Media Player and use my car's controls to make/receive calls (which auto-pauses media player), and then when the call is done, the music starts up again. I used to be able to do all that with Sprint Navigation running in the background as well. Now, all I have is a lot of eye candy and less functionality from my standpoint.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed 6.5 when I got my phone from asurion. I also unlocked radio and installed new radio. I am getting about 2 1/2 days on a charge. I may later do a custom rom, I did on TP. Only thing I do not like is my Z9 earpiece will not annouce incoming calls only a ringer in ear. It did work right in TP.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

I'd totally do it again, even though I flashed to custom about a week later, cuz I'm a flashaholic

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

yup, i like custom roms, but this works so good that i don't even think im going to mess with customs on this. its just soo fast and smooth
Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

MBC1965 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MBC1965

I've switched back to 6.1. I love 6.5, but I actually use my TP2 as a personal and business phone and when you load sense down with a lot of contacts it simply can't handle it and freezes when receiving text messages. It doesn't freeze to the point where you have to do a soft reset, but it does take up to 45 seconds to back out of the text message. Three are reports of this all over the place, and the people that are freezing seem to have a lot of contacts as well. If you only have 20-30 contacts I would say do it, If you are a power user I would say don't do it. Just my two cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2