PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC - Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mrchris1234 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2+ Sprint Official 6.5 = Battery Issues AKA Original TP?

Hi Guys,

Like nearly everyone else I upgraded to the office 6.5 the day it was released. Overall seem happy with it except one major issue... Battery Life!

I have the genuine HTC extended battery and back that Verizon is selling and with it I have been able to go 2+ days of normal use and still have a 5 to 10 percent charge when I plug it in. Since upgrading to 6.5 I am getting about 6 hours of light use (it is the weekend) before it completely goes dead and shuts off. Just for giggles I put my original battery in and a full charge and it lasted less than 2 hours. The entire time the phone is hot to the touch (no pun intended). My fluke infrared thermometer is reading temps of 118 on average, this is with the screen off and 30 minutes after the most recent call.

This was exactly the issues I had with the original Touch Pro (along with nearly everyone else).. But with the TP2 I have had none of the issues like that and had went as long as 2 days on a charge just the previous two days before upgrading. The phone even during a call never got uncomfortably warm and was room temperature when not on a call.

When I upgraded as per the suggestions here I completed the upgrade and then did a hard reset before setting back up. Phone was bone stock both before the upgrade and since, no reg-edits or hacks and the only app installed both before and after was call-calendar.

Anyone else experiencing similar or have thoughts on why the dramatic change?

Thanks

Last edited by mrchris1234; 03-21-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2+ Sprint Office 6.5 = Battery Issues AKA Original TP?

Not to be rude but as it has been said a thousand times.....search the forums first.........this issue is already being discussed

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115083

and what is office 6.5??? I'm sure you meant Official Sprint Windows Mobile 6.5 Update anyway...........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2