PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Please Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114715)

ShayRivals 03-18-2010 08:44 PM

Please Help

hey all,

I'm in Oklahoma City covering the NCAA tournament and my screen just went black. No clock, no calendar, etc. I took battery out, reset, but I've got nothing. I can still make calls, receive calls, etc.

Any idea?

fishingmedic 03-18-2010 08:47 PM

Re: Please Help

How can you make calls, can you see the numbers your dialing? Are the lights on the hardkeys lighting up? Did you by any chance sit on it or drop it and break the digitizer?

ShayRivals 03-18-2010 08:49 PM

Yes, when I hit the phone button on the left, the screen pops up and I can dial. I even restarted it and got the green screen with the Windowns Mobile 6.1. Didn't drop or sit on it.

ShayRivals 03-18-2010 08:52 PM

I just went to my settings and TouchFLO 3D was the only thing checked and Today timeout was set at 4hr. Does that mean anything?

fishingmedic 03-18-2010 08:55 PM

Touchflo should be checked and IDL about the today timeout, never checked it before, and mine is not checked. So it sounds like your screen is working if you hit one of the hardkeys, you've just lost your homepage?

ShayRivals 03-18-2010 08:57 PM

Yes, my clock is missing, date, and I used to have a row of options that would allow me to click right on the GPS, weather, TV, etc right from my screen

jason25 03-18-2010 08:59 PM

try disabling TF3D and exiting out to your today screen, then go back and enable it. I thought the today timeout was so that I would only display appointments within 4hrs. I don't remember, haven't used it in a while.

Maybe even try keeping TF3D disable and try enabling the clock and other options instead to see if those work, if nothing else at least you have something to get you through your coverage.

frodobaggins 03-18-2010 09:01 PM

For now, try unchecking the TouchFlo option. Soft reset. See if you get the "normal" WM screens/menus.

If you do, then try rechecking the TouchFlo option (and make sure it's the only one checked). Soft reset again. That might bring it back.

p-slim 03-18-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShayRivals (Post 1639907)
I just went to my settings and TouchFLO 3D was the only thing checked and Today timeout was set at 4hr. Does that mean anything?

this is a known issue with some tp2s. you will probably get it to turn on, but eventually you will need to get it fixed. as time goes on it will turn off more often.

fishingmedic 03-18-2010 09:07 PM

I agree w/ the disabling touchflo, soft reset and then try turning it back on. Something happened to touchflo, since everything else seems to work and if you can't get it working, do that Jason said, turn the other items on so at least you've got some stuff working.