PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Mr_Pang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Telus discontinue Touch Pro 2

Two of the "L-shaped catch" on the inner side of the battery cover of my TP2 broke. When I got to Telus store in my area to have the cover replaced under warranty, I was very surprised to learn that Telus has discontinued their HTC Touch Pro 2. Majority of the HTC phones that Telus is currently offering are all running Android. I contacted HTC warranty directly, and provided the part # of my cover (71H02670-00M). They also directed me to my carrier (Telus) to have it replaced. I just got a hold of one store that is about an hour away that has one in stock. I am going there to get it.
The warranty on my phone is up in March 2011, and I am now concerned that in the futue I wont be able to receive any warranty replacements for my phone from Telus.
I really love my phone, I am prolly one of the few die-hard Windows Mobile users that is still with Telus.
As per Telus, if I change from Win Mobile to any other phone (Android, Blackberry or iPhone), I will lose my $15/month unlimited data plan. Dunno what I am gonna do in the future when I need to upgrade, considering that Telus is slowly getting rid of their Windows Mobile smartphones.

Anyone else here share my concern, or am I the only one in this boat?

Last edited by Mr_Pang; 07-14-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work
Re: Telus discontinue Touch Pro 2

Not Telus, but VZW also seems to have discontinued the TP2. I'm not sure what's going on, but I am sure I don't like it.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The average life of a phone these days is probably 6-10 months now, so its not surprising. HTC already milked everyone for all they can and so its time to move on to something new.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Well I only picked up my Rhoduim last month. This had me very concerned so I contacted my local Sprint Rep (who also happens to be a friend of mine) and was informed not to worry, Sprint won't be dropping the Rhodium anytime soon.

And I guess even when that does happen (sadly, it is only a matter of time), I will still be able to get support for my Rhodium.

I can't believe my new found love is slowly (and not so slowly) dying already. I guess I jumped on board to late on this one.

(Though, better late then never. As I F'n love this phone. It is amazing)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-15-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pang View Post
Two of the "L-shaped catch" on the inner side of the battery cover of my TP2 broke. When I got to Telus store in my area to have the cover replaced under warranty, I was very surprised to learn that Telus has discontinued their HTC Touch Pro 2. Majority of the HTC phones that Telus is currently offering are all running Android. I contacted HTC warranty directly, and provided the part # of my cover (71H02670-00M). They also directed me to my carrier (Telus) to have it replaced. I just got a hold of one store that is about an hour away that has one in stock. I am going there to get it.
The warranty on my phone is up in March 2011, and I am now concerned that in the futue I wont be able to receive any warranty replacements for my phone from Telus.
I really love my phone, I am prolly one of the few die-hard Windows Mobile users that is still with Telus.
As per Telus, if I change from Win Mobile to any other phone (Android, Blackberry or iPhone), I will lose my $15/month unlimited data plan. Dunno what I am gonna do in the future when I need to upgrade, considering that Telus is slowly getting rid of their Windows Mobile smartphones.

Anyone else here share my concern, or am I the only one in this boat?

Wow... I'm in the same boat. How much does the back cover cost? I need to get a replacement myself.

ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2