PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster
Re: {CellGuy Mods} An in-depth look at PPCGeeks TP2 ROMs

Hey this is really nice, as I've been flippin through ROM's lately too so this will come in handy.

One thing I noticed is that you said NRG doesn't have XDA_UC, he does have UC though no? The thing with the sdconfig,txt, not sure what its called lol

But will you also be reviewing Impact? I usually switch between that and NRGZ whenever there is a newer NRG ROM and a lot of people would love to see those being compared I bet.

And one more thing, are you going to update these reviews once new ROM's come too? Maybe on like a monthly basis? Would be interesting hmm, this coupled with the benchmarks would go great together for people looking to broaden their horizons or just try a new ROM out in general I think.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm not sure how much I will keep up with the reviews. I still have a lot of ROMs to test. Keeping up with them all would be a daunting task to say the least. Until I started this little project, I really had no idea just how many options we have.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Hahaha yeah that's why I was wondering, these chefs come out with new roms so quick sometimes, its hectic to keep up! Anyways I really like this thread I will definitely have to try out some other ROMs now lol will you be testing Malrom 2.5? I've heard good stuff about it hmm
Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Noobsauce
Threadstarter

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragster View Post
Hahaha yeah that's why I was wondering, these chefs come out with new roms so quick sometimes, its hectic to keep up! Anyways I really like this thread I will definitely have to try out some other ROMs now lol will you be testing Malrom 2.5? I've heard good stuff about it hmm
I'm hoping to get all carrier generic 2.5's tested by the end of the week. Hopefully I can get 2 more tested at work tomorrow. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to download a ROM at work so it's a slow process. Maybe I will download a few before I go to bed tonight and throw them on my SD.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Nice info CellGuy! Thanks for the reviews. Like you, I had no idea how many different ROMs were available until I decided to start benchmarking each of them; there are TONS of ROMs and more poppng up each day.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Props to you sir! Huge project...and I'm sure it'll cure your boredom issues. On a more serious note...I think you'll be missing out on a couple of other quality items in the upgrade forums. Calkulin's Kitchen and the SSK...considering that there are MANY custom ROM's that are publicly released...and they were cooked up in those kitchens. Wish there can be some "review" for them individually.

Side note...I'd like to see what you think of Juicy's Releases...I was reluctant to leave his ROM's (until Calkulin released a TP2 VK.)

Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Fantastic feedback bro!

Well done!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Aww haven't reviewed my rom yet, lol. Good read
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks, it was an honor just to be in your review! =D>

Also thanks for seeing that I needed to update the e-reader icon. Other changes to rom (ref: startmenu) will come in time. Still new to building roms for other folk's.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Noobsauce
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
Thanks, it was an honor just to be in your review! =D>

Also thanks for seeing that I needed to update the e-reader icon. Other changes to rom (ref: startmenu) will come in time. Still new to building roms for other folk's.
You're welcome. I was really surprised by your ROM. I didn't know what to expect from it with the whole wolf thing but overall the ROM was actually quite good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2