PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Does this really work?-Mr. X and MightyMike Tethering Tracking Hotfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Are you using stock 6.5 ROM ? Are you using WModem or ICS?
im stock 6.5 yes... i use ICS, WMWififRouter(which starts ICS on boot), and CM Internet Sharing(another wifi app)...

i tether just about every way possible except using your severely outdated method.... what were trying to tell you is you dont need WModem anymore to gain usb tethering
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Just wanted to inform everybody that recently this "stealth" tethering cab fix is no longer "stealth". (Mr.X and Mighty Mike's stealth tethering cab) Let me explain...

Usually when you tether with usb cable you open the internet connection sharing app on your phone and press "connect". you then see the error message on the top of you phone's screen saying "no connection, check usb cable...". then you simply connect the usb cable and it will connect. It would then say "not connected" but actaully it is connected and does work.

As of recently my TP2 now says "connected" instead of "not connected" when i tether in the manner I described above. I uninstalled, reinstalled, hard reset my TP2, etc, and still it is no longer "stealth" when tethered. It continues to say "connected" instead of "not connected". Something has changed. Can anybody else confirm this??
dude, how many time you gonna post this about??? your telling us something isnt right, and at the same time asking us if we have the same issue.. that makes your claim, far from obsolute... i dont even understand what the heck your talking about.. seems pretty @ss backwards that "not connected" means connected and "connected" means not connected.. i hope your logic doesnt apply to women as well, cuz i mean, well, no means no LOL

**if you did the hack, then youll have 2 differnt ICS programs.. assuming your stock, there will be the stock one-found in start>tools and the new one found floating in the start menu somewhere.. you wanna use the 2nd one

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-23-2010 at 12:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
dude, how many time you gonna post this about??? your telling us something isnt right, and at the same time asking us if we have the same issue.. that makes your claim, far from obsolute... i dont even understand what the heck your talking about.. seems pretty @ss backwards that "not connected" means connected and "connected" means not connected.. i hope your logic doesnt apply to women as well, cuz i mean, well, no means no LOL

**if you did the hack, then youll have 2 differnt ICS programs.. assuming your stock, there will be the stock one-found in start>tools and the new one found floating in the start menu somewhere.. you wanna use the 2nd one
lmao and +1, close this.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

I could not have said it better....lmao
Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

old "mogul days" hack doesn't work on tp2.
anyways,if you, guys ,dump shipped ROM,you will be surprised how much garbage it has inside.I don't understand why not to flash custom rom?
1 Simple flash...

Last edited by vin255764; 05-23-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=WModem

There are advantage about WModem. See above

I have tried IcS a long time ago initially, but WModem is the only thing that has worked so far for me to get thr my wrkplace vpn/firewall. ICS doesn't work for me as SuCh even though I know everyone else loves it

If anyone can help me, much appeciated. I imagine that other people w/6.5 been able to tether w/ wmodem. So there must be something that sprint did to prevent this.from working.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ICS and WModem Fix.cab

Why is it call ICS and WModem fix if it only really fix ICS? WModem still doesn't work for me even aftthe cab was installed.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I got ICS to run after those fixes everyone talks about but I couldn't connect thr my Wrkplace VPN using ICS as I suspected.

The ICS doesn't provide yr computer w/ a public ip that my VPN prog would need to see. When I ipconfig, my connection w/ ICS gives a l92.l68.*.* ip. The ICS connection is NAT'ed just like that thread regarding WModem and Mogul said.

When I was using WModem, ipconfig returns a true ext ip.

Much appreciated if anyone can help me to get WModem or some similar prog that will let your computer use the phone as modem.

Thnx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2