PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: why doesent x close anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
thanks krizz...in doing what u said, my settings are as u said...i guess my MAIN issue is that when i click the 'x' in opera, i often times find that it is still running...the only way i feel that opera is truly not running is by clicking the 'thingy' on the far right bottom corner and then clicking on exit, and then when i get the msg that asks 'do u want to exit opera' i click 'yes'...seems to me that it should just end by pushing on the 'x' in the FIRST place!
opera wont close by tapping x only mininize, it will still be open. you need the"thingy" as you say.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
opera wont close by tapping x only mininize, it will still be open. you need the"thingy" as you say.
lmao! ok, thanks darren! i'm glad that i'm doing it right!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

6.5.x does not have the ability to close applications using the X button. I recommend arkswitch for easy app switching and killing under 6.5.x
Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

must add in my thing it doesnt work for me either so I downloaded a task manager problem solved
Attached Files
File Type: cab FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1.cab (226.1 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ganns1980 is a n00b

Try this program over at XDA; I had the same problem when I switched to a 6.5.x ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583002. One tip - when you start it, you'll need to press and hold the start menu button to get to the start button (it's the default config, confused the heck out of me at first).
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Fido

krizz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
thanks krizz...in doing what u said, my settings are as u said...i guess my MAIN issue is that when i click the 'x' in opera, i often times find that it is still running...the only way i feel that opera is truly not running is by clicking the 'thingy' on the far right bottom corner and then clicking on exit, and then when i get the msg that asks 'do u want to exit opera' i click 'yes'...seems to me that it should just end by pushing on the 'x' in the FIRST place!
hmmm that's really odd, it should do the trick... its working on mine without any problem.. it might be the version of your opera browser or the nature of your custom rom..
if its just opera, then i guess you may be able to bear with it.. although i still sympathize you, i could imagine how much little things like this can annoy you.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you are using the HTC task manager (drop down in upper right corner) you can set the x button to close Opera by going to:

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess

if the dword "Opera9.exe" exists set its value to 1
if it doesn't create the dword and do the same.

There are cabs around to do this for you if you do a search.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2

jgjce82 is a n00b

I can't find this path

I only found

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\

Do I have to create a new Key with "TerminateProcess" as name?

Please help, I"m tired of sending all the apps to the background, I wanna do a "real exit" but I wanna do it by editing registry, I don't wanna install cabs. thank you, I appreciate your help
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2

jgjce82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgjce82 View Post
I can't find this path

I only found

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\

Do I have to create a new Key with "TerminateProcess" as name?

Please help, I"m tired of sending all the apps to the background, I wanna do a "real exit" but I wanna do it by editing registry, I don't wanna install cabs. thank you, I appreciate your help
Never mind I just tried adding the key "TerminateProcess" and creating the dword Opera9.exe but it didn't work.

has anybody found out something about this?? please
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

LakersFan4life is a n00b

I just programed the task manager 2 open up when i hold the send key down for a second. I already had a task manager it may be included with mobile shell. But u can change the send ket 2 open whatever task manager u have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2