PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mhunt3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Orb vs Slingbox For TV Streaming With TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
alright guys my cables getting installed today so i think im going to go with slingbox since i wouldnt have to use a computer or anything with that.

so all i need to do is buy a slingbox and thats it?? do i need a app for the phone?

how easy is slingbox to set up? what do you have to do to the phone, slingbox or the router to get them to recognize each other?

and what slingbox should i get? i dont need the most expensive one but i would like to be able to change the channels from the device. i think i might head over to best buy after work to price them....maybe see if radioshack carries them as well

Keep in mind that you must hardwire your slingbox to your router. This can be done with a direct connection to the router or you can use a wireless bridge. Setup is pretty simple but do your research and make sure you know exactly what you need before you make any purchases.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

I went to best buy today but i saw their sales papers for the sales beginning tomorrow the Slingbox Solo goes on sale for $149.99, just a heads up for anybody else looking for a slingbox.... im going to wait till tomorrow to get it.

I have Dish Network VIP22k Receiver and i just wanted to know is it possible to set up slingbox before i go to best buy 2morrow? im gonna ask this anyway as im pretty sure u can hook it up but i just wanna be on the safe side

anybody else using slingbox with dish network?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Just get the HD from craigslist for about 200 bucks. The solo price plus tax is pretty damn close to it already.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Just get the HD from craigslist for about 200 bucks. The solo price plus tax is pretty damn close to it already.
but really whats the difference tho? the HD is a little over the top for me i dont need HD on the phone i can do without it for the cheaper price just as long as its clear (no hd) i think that would be fine.

but i will check ebay and craigslist right now now u mention it
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Almost a VIP

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

You get what you paid for in a long run.

Classic (old cheaper version) don't even play full screen while PRO version (best version before HD came out) does.

I own PRO version, and am glad I paid about 50 bucks more from craigslist.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

LIDevilsFan is a n00b

Subscription based, seems to work with more tv cards:

http://www.cyberlinklive.com/
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
You get what you paid for in a long run.

Classic (old cheaper version) don't even play full screen while PRO version (best version before HD came out) does.

I own PRO version, and am glad I paid about 50 bucks more from craigslist.
does the solo version play in full screen on the tp2?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

alright guys i got the hook up of the slingbox going correctly so far but now im stuck on the remote part.

It says look up my reciever name and test out the ir remote, now the name of my receiver isnt up there i have a dish network vip 222k satellite and i see a whole lot of vip receivers but not my exact one

is it suppose to work with similiar receivers? i've tried all different ones but none of the remotes that come up changes the channels on my laptop can i jus go on from this step and come back later? i've checked the ir connection in my slingbox, and moves the ir cords around in front of the cable box and still no luck
Old 03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP

Just pick something in same brand name and it should work. My exact cable box isn't on the list but ones under same company name works.

Might have to google around a bit to find what you need.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i used the live chat on the site and the guy took my password and set it up for me perfectly now its working this is great i havent even set it up on my phone yet lol

but when i change my channels with the on screen remote it changes the channels on my tv at home as well. How can i get it to change the channel on the slingbox site, but not on my tv?

i have a cable box that broadcasts to 2 tvs one via a antenna that controlls a tv in another roomm that can watch different channels and one tv that its directly connected to...

on the back of my box i have a set of av ports for the tv thats in another room, the tv that the cable box is connected to and another set of av ports that say

Y
PB
Pr

what are these ports for? and can i use these to watch different programming and change channels without changing the channel on my tv ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2