PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:54 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Review: ClearProtector for TP2

I recently purchased the ClearProtector screen protector found on eBay for the Touch Pro 2 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Invisible-HTC-To...item414ce04dba

I got it 25% off for US $7.49 (current price).

APPLICATION and FITMENT: 8
I'm not sure if this is a fair rating, since I used the provided squeegie and solution from my girlfriend's Ghost Armor she received for her Hero, but it was really easy this way. The CP does not come with ANYTHING to help apply it, but it does say to use a soap/water mixture and something to squeegie it. As long as you have something laying around the house to do this, it should be fairly simple. The fitment is OK, but it's not any worse than any other protector I've seen. There are a couple spots it doesn't cover very well, but overall, it's pretty good. I would probably give this category a 9 if it came with materials to assist application.

CLARITY: 9
The overall clarity of this protector is probably the best I've seen. The orange peel effect is extremely minimal compared to some of the other big brands (Zagg, Ghost Armor), but it seems to be made of similar material. This protector does very well maintaining the normal visibility of the screen.

QUALITY and PROTECTION: 8
As stated above, it seems to be the same material as the GA (Ghost Armor) and the Zagg, so the quality is very good. I haven't been bold enough to try crazier things yet, but I did TRY to scratch it with my keys, and the sharp metal proved to be completely ineffective against the protector. Zero scratching at all. I do have a few vertical marks that are barely visible, but I think this may be due to the rubber squeegie I used for application, and I might not have used enough of the solution to prevent the "burning" effect. But still, I knocked a point off for that alone.

SCREEN SENSITIVITY: 10
I can't knock any points down from this because it's just as sensitive as without the protector. I noticed with my gf's GA that the sensitivity is reduced...however, her screen is capacitive, so that may have something to do with it.

FEEL: 5
This is definitely not as nice as the GA. I haven't felt a Zagg in a while, but I don't remember it feeling like this either. The GA is so smooth, like butter, and your finger just glides over the surface. This CP protector has a little resistance when sliding your finger across it, and I don't like that. It feels more like "rubbing" than gliding.

SHIPPING: 10
The company shipped this to me VERY quickly (I think it was only 3 business days).

OVERALL: 7
It's pretty good. The feel alone takes this down dramatically from what it could be, but I'm still definitely pleased with the product. It does what it's supposed to, and it's very clear. For $7.49, I can't complain. If you can get it for that price, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, at full price of $10, I'd suggest paying the extra $5 for a GA protector. Overall would probably be a high 6, but the product does have a LIFETIME warranty from scratches, so that is nice.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 03-01-2010 at 01:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2