PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cabs to Disable Unused Services - Updated {2010-03-20}

how about the tvout, smartcard, and media library? will those work on 2.1? i installed the stocks cab. when i go into the tabs settings, the tab for stocks is still there, so that means that the cab did not work?
thanx
Old 03-30-2010, 02:52 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
looks like these services

• Document Indexer
  • Footprints
  • Reader
  • Stocks
  • Twitter
  • Push Internet
will cause problems with manilla tab arrangements. when you have them installed it will corrupt your arrangement and changing them manually again in "personalize hometab" wouldn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
These cabs do what they say and nothing else. They will cause the tabs to stop working if you are using them (as stated in my post), but do not effect your ability to order them in any way.

I have no doubt that it is some other tweak or registry you imported. Most likely something with this path in it:

confirmed that it does kill the order when i install those. and yes i made sure that those tabs are disabled. as soon as i uninstall them, the tabs go back to my original order. and i've also try to go into reg to delete the configuration reg and let it load on its own. no go. i uninstalled them and it's back

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
how about the tvout, smartcard, and media library? will those work on 2.1? i installed the stocks cab. when i go into the tabs settings, the tab for stocks is still there, so that means that the cab did not work?
thanx
Standard services should all work.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
confirmed that it does kill the order when i install those. and yes i made sure that those tabs are disabled. as soon as i uninstall them, the tabs go back to my original order. and i've also try to go into reg to delete the configuration reg and let it load on its own. no go. i uninstalled them and it's back
What ROM?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
What ROM?
vin's rom. Plutonium
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106231
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

AB_ is becoming a great contributor

Hey Ninja, I just upgraded to the latest NRG ROM, and it has that Facebook tab.

Is there a cab or something for this? I do use Facebook to update pictures and such within the phone, but won't be using this "updates tab"
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
Hey Ninja, I just upgraded to the latest NRG ROM, and it has that Facebook tab.

Is there a cab or something for this? I do use Facebook to update pictures and such within the phone, but won't be using this "updates tab"
I have not made one since it did not seem to be loaded without the tab and an active facebook account. One less thing to install..
Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

do you have a cab that disables my wife from dropping her $600 phone?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:54 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachin2036 View Post
do you have a cab that disables my wife from dropping her $600 phone?
The service that disables your wife runs about 3K in brooklyn.

If you can ever train her to stop dropping or losing her phone, I will thank every post on the topic since I will be able to apply the fix to my wife.

My solutions... Insurance or used phones on ebay...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2