PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ditched the TouchFlo and happy am I crazy?

I use titanium and a panoply of other optons not all of it is touchflo. But if I am riding a juicy rom then I use touch flo. If I am riding my own rom, I typically turn sense 2.5 off
Old 02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jimmyjoe.com is a n00b

And the beauty in all of this is that we CAN choose! and not stuck with whatever Steve Jobs wants our phones to look like!!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

used mobile shell for the first few months, recently uninstalled it because it froze, wouldn't run, soft reset didn't fix.
anyone know if i reinstall, did it keep my settings? no way i am resetting it up.

also, is touchflo really more of a memory hog than mobile shell?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, u talking bout SPB? depending on how u uninstalled it, it may or may not have kept your settings. Yes TF3D needs a bit more memory thann SPB. Again not sure if u are talking bout SPB, just assuming go ahead and reinstall, it doesnt take too much to set things up, that is what we do here
Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Fifteen minutes after I got my first Touch Pro I disabled TouchFlo. The same with every device up to my 3rd Touch Pro 2. One of my kids ended up with my wife's Touch Pro and he started using it and said he liked it.

Well, back in the days of the Palm/Centro, I used ZLauncher for a variety of reasons - looks, ability to use short cuts, et cetera. So I enabled it and suffered with it. I went back to the standard setup. I then thought of SPB Mobile Shell and installed the trial version. I liked the multiple screens; however, I did not being stuck with 1 picture for every screen/tab. After a bit of playing, it is set up ok. I would to use text instead of icons and I would like a better calendar display; however, it is less memory hungry and a bit faster than TF3. I still prefer the standard today screen when I need to hurry.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

just reset & rom updated an Imagio and took some memory stats...

TF3D uses 21.5 MB Ram upon boot and much more as you do things. (compared to a blank "today" screen). AT BOOT (doing nothing) stock w/ TF3D it had 55% ram used 78.40 Free RAM

Using the blank home screen (no titanium) "SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource.cab" got it to 38% RAM use 110.40MB FREE. Turn ON itanium with home customizer & weather panel and you're still at 107.40MB free... 30MB more than TF3D at launch

Quick Recap TF3D is a pig.

Titanium uses only ~3MB more RAM than a blank "today" screen

Last edited by gcianc; 02-13-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I have anywhere between 110MB and 93MB free with Sense 2.1, speedbooster, magicall, s2u2, and htc task manager enabled on WM6.1...
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

My first phone that I ever flash was my 6800 way back in the day to oe of the early DCD roms, gps hadn't even been activated by sprint yet and the only way to get it was with a custom rom.

It was great with just a "Today" home screen, but after a year it started getting laggy and no amount of hard resets would fix it. At that point there were many new roms out including the earliest manilla, so I tried that and it kinda laggy and had it's problems.

My 6800 crapped out finally and I got the TP2 the week it came out. Since there was no unlocker, all you could really do is install cabs to modify it the way you wanted.

After installing no curtains, clear flip clock, HD walls, custom taskbar and TF icons, I was really happy. Phone was fast and booted in the low 40% and stayed near 48-52% most of the time, due to the two cabs in the ram saving thread.

I screwed up my phone doing some bullshit and decided to hard reset and try one of the ROMS that hopefully all the bugs were worked out, so I did SsS (deck's rom I think) and it's really good for a custom rom with 6.5 and 2.5 but it's not quite for me.

I think I may try one more custom rom before doing the "bare naked ROM" and then I can install any shell or interface over a completely stripped rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2