PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question for all those who have upgraded from TP1

i'm all stock sans the taskbar and tf3d icons. it's a keeper!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Syph3r is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was using the stock sprint rom for bout 3 months but finally took the dive and got on board with 6.5 and mightyrom. LOVE the Sense UI! I miss the lightning fast speed of the sprint stock 6.1 rom but once you go custom rom, you dont go back!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
wow, thanks for the great response everyone. Well I think I'm going to join you all and be getting the TP2. Everyone talks about how much faster and smoother it is and I was wondering if that is with custom ROMs or if most of you are still using the stock ROM because it gets the job done. Thanks for all the input!
LOL! I'm running Stock actually, and I LITERALLY just 1 minute ago unlocked my TP2 with the Olipro/Cimonex unlocker (The one that enables flashing of ROMS, not Radio flashing, or unlocking Sims)

Man, this is on STOCK, and the only reason I unlocked it was to play around with Sense 2.1 and MAYBE 2.5 (I heard 2.5 is possibly a little laggy, so will probably stick with 2.1)

Have fun with your upgrade!

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 02-03-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dandrayan is a n00b

I definitely think that the pros of the TP2 outweigh the things that I miss about the TP1.

I love the bigger screen, my battery life doubled, the speaker is louder and sounds much better, and the overall speed of the system feels faster. I don't have any hard benchmarks, but I can say that I have a nightly backup scheduled using Sprite Backup that ran for about 10 minutes per night on my TP1, but now takes about 3-4 minutes on the TP2 for roughly the same amount of data.

So what do I miss about the TP1? The action button, especially while driving and needing to click OK in Sprint Navigation or play/pause in Windows Media Player without having to precisely hit the on-screen buttons. The other sore spot for me is the lack of TAB and CTRL keys on the physical keyboard (I have a Sprint TP2). There is a CAB utility to remap keys, but I have noticed that the original keystrokes will occasionally fire instead of the remapped key when typing very quickly.

In the end, I think it comes down to how technical the user is and how comfortable they are with mucking around with the phone's OS. Thankfully I'm quite technical and there are lots of like-minded folks here to help fix any shortcomings or problems that do come up with it. I'm glad I made the jump to the TP2 and thank this community for all of its info and help.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by andimthejr
zoom bar is on front above call/menu/back/end buttons
how does the zoom bar work? ive been lookn at the bar all this time wonderin what it was for...i see the (-) and (T) sign but dont know whatto do with it....
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

how does the zoom bar work? ive been lookn at the bar all this time wonderin what it was for...i see the (-) and (T) sign but dont know whatto do with it....
scroll your finger from left to right on that (-) and (+), it will go from small to big. right to left, big to small .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
compare, touch pro, tp1, tp2