PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Privacy Screen Protector- Anyone Try this thing?

Anyone try one of these things? I find plenty for the iPhone but very very little for our phone

Anyhow, if anyone uses one of these on the phone, share some advise! It'd be pretty handy for work and just people who stares at my phone while I send a text or something.

10 bucks isn't a problem, but still I'd like to use it, when I drop 10 bucks for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Privac...4803424&sr=8-1
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Shunned is a n00b
Re: Privacy Screen Protector- Anyone Try this thing?

I would love this thing, do you know if they make one for sprint? I would just try one for the heck of it
Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunned View Post
I would love this thing, do you know if they make one for sprint? I would just try one for the heck of it

I've checked several sites- all of them look exactly the same. I only posted amazon's because it's cheapest. They all have the notches on the top, which I assume is for the light sensor. I really do wanna give this a try too
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

The Lance is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to The Lance Send a message via MSN to The Lance

yeah guys the notch is for the light sensor..
Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't get it.

This sorta makes sense when people use them on computer monitors, but with your phone why can't you just turn away if you don't want someone else reading it??

~John
Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

I've used privacy screen covers before. they are actually pretty sweet.

What they dont tell you though, is in the dark, your phones backlight negates the privacy screen effect. not 100% but its kind of like tinted windows on a car. more light inside than outside, and you can see right through it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lance View Post
yeah guys the notch is for the light sensor..
I believe its for the camera on the euro version
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

to be completely honest, this is dumb. how close are you standing next to people that they can see your phone? and as john pointed out, just turn away lol. when people need something like this for a computer it's because it's stationary and always near onlookers. with a phone, it seems like a circumstance where privacy is an issue would be much much less. unless you're cheating on your girl or something and you dont want her to see your texts ha. i remember hearing about these before and at first i was interested, but then i realized how pointless it is for a mobile device. save the money or buy something more useful... like beer!

however, here's one from dcmugen (reputable company): http://cgi.ebay.com/1-PRIVACY-Screen...item518e3cc85f
Old 01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
I believe its for the camera on the euro version

i ordered this from ebay months ago, the notch IS for the camera because it's on the side where the "Sprint" logo is. i never used it, it's thicker than a regular screen protector.

Last edited by ulysses; 01-30-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Alright, so I finally jumped the gun and decided to order it. Pretty neat- though it isn't as advertised where the entire "screen" is covered. Rather it's a piece that ONLY covers the actual screen...if that makes any sense at all.

Anyhow, I emailed the people and because the product isn't what I ordered- they sent me two mirrored screen protectors for free as well. Won't use em but hey for 10 bucks it's worth it for me.

The privacy screen protector is a pretty awesome effect: Check out the pics: (stupid cam was blurry)

EDIT: Just to clarify- there was barely a 10 second difference between the shots. Meaning the backlight didn't dim out and I definitely didn't turn off the screen. The second pic is simply what it would look like from an angled view. Pretty neat

It is also A LOT thicker than a regular screen protector. Matter of fact- it almost feels like it sticks out...but by no means affects the sensitivity of the screen. As a matter of fact- it's partially covering the zoom bar and I actually noticed that the sensitivity increased overall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1045.jpg (866.7 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSCN1046.jpg (917.1 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by JokeZony0u; 02-20-2010 at 12:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2