PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Call and Internet at the same time ??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108355)

japper88 01-28-2010 02:07 AM

Re: Call and Internet at the same time ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1522317)
I would think so, I really don't know 2 much about it. I always thought it was impossible myself but came across that the other day and was very happy to read that.

I wouldn't really care if it worked on the tp2 or not unless they are planning on doing it pretty quick which I doubt. By the time it's out I'm sure new phones will be out that will support it out of the box. TP3 pro??? ha ha

Maybe by then sprint will have the iphone - at&t will have to stop running there stupid ads about talk and surf at the same time which is the 1 benefit they have.

Yea the ATT commercials are lame compared to those Verizon commercials bashing the ATT 3G coverage map. I just hope a decent phone is available on Sprint SERO when the next gen stuff comes out.

ACHlLLES 01-28-2010 02:11 AM

Do people really surf and talk on the phone at the same time? I for one, really didn't have that chance. Tethering, and talking is different story though.

ETphoneHOME 01-28-2010 02:21 AM

Given the opportunity I think I will really use that feature. I have came across several occasions where I needed that feature but was not able to.

dizidi 01-28-2010 06:03 AM

WOW, I never knew we (sprint) can surf the web on wifi and make a phone call at the same time. I should of known better, afterall I've been a member of this community since 2006. Damn, does this make me a senior member?

Sim-X 01-28-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1522326)
Yea the ATT commercials are lame compared to those Verizon commercials bashing the ATT 3G coverage map. I just hope a decent phone is available on Sprint SERO when the next gen stuff comes out.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to dump my sero plan at some point in the future. I have been getting a deal for so long I guess it's time to pay up. I don't see sprint allowing newer high end devices on sero. Hopefully they allow at least one more generation of touch pros on sero but I would have to think when wm7 is out it's gonna be lights out for sero but I could be wrong. Will just have to wait and see.

ac0x 01-28-2010 10:56 AM

Sounds like SVDO is going to take both infrastructure and device changes. So it may be a while

http://technews.am/conversations/mob...bably_not_soon

imnuts 01-28-2010 12:07 PM

I would think that if this did become available, a radio update would hopefully allow it to work for us, but who knows.

japper88 01-28-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1522609)
I have a feeling I'm going to have to dump my sero plan at some point in the future. I have been getting a deal for so long I guess it's time to pay up. I don't see sprint allowing newer high end devices on sero. Hopefully they allow at least one more generation of touch pros on sero but I would have to think when wm7 is out it's gonna be lights out for sero but I could be wrong. Will just have to wait and see.

Yea... I was psyched that I was able to squeeze 2 more years out of sero with the tp2. now just hoping for another 2years after my contract is up!

prboy1969 01-30-2010 11:37 PM

Thanks for the replies . But something I just remembered , the TP2 is Quad band . So if I set it to GSM will I then be able to do the Talk & Surf at the same time ?

Eschelon 01-31-2010 02:52 AM

From what I've learned, supposedly any network can have voice and data at the same time, regardless of whether the network is GSM or CDMA. It's just a matter of whether or not the wireless carrier is willing to dump the required boatload of cash into their network in order to do it