PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom Wifi Dll questions

Does someone with the 6.1 stock verizon rom, want to please send me a copy of their bcmsddhd.dll from the windows directory it would be appreciated?

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-27-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon 6.1 TP2 Wifi Dll

As being as fello bow tie blue blooder, I have it for you Drew but the post won't let me attach a .dll and I don't see how to PM it.

If you know a way let me know or PM me you regular e-mail and I'll send it right out

Edit, I just tried it in a .zip file, let me know if this works
Attached Files
File Type: zip bcmsddhd.zip (104.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-18-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Appreciated thanks. How did you extract the file if I may ask? I can't copy mine for a backup with total commander.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-19-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Appreciated thanks. How did you extract the file if I may ask? I can't copy mine for a backup with total commander.
Hello Drew, sorry if this isn't much help but all I did was do a copy and paste into the "My Documents" folder as I still needed the file. Then I copied that via Active Sync to my PC. I remember then I tried via the Active Sync Link with my PC to delete the file on my TP2 and it wouldn't let but it would when I used the TP2 to delete it. I’m guessing all this happened, not that I know much about this stuff, but I have found that copying a file that is archived or write protected is easy while cut and pasting it isn't as I guess it kinda see's that as a delete. There’s times where I can't but most times I can get things to work by using TC to change the attributes but it’s certainly hit or miss. Sorry if that isn't much help.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

Did you copy and paste using total commander?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

They much have changed other things than just the wifi dll. Because the 6.1 dll won't even allow it to be turned on. When I try to copy with tc it tells me can't copy or move file.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey Drew

Sorry that has has been such a problem for you.

Again as I basically remember I just used the regular Windows Explorer to copy and paste the file into my "My Documents" folder then copied that with my PC via the ActiveSync connection.

Just to mention, I just tried all that again and it worked just fine for me. So I never used TC for any of it and I was able to do it.

Now keep in mind I have not tried to cut, replace or overwrite the existing file so if that is what you are having a problem with I haven't tested that.

In looking at that existing files properties in the Windows folder using Explorer's properties viewer, both the ReadOnly and Hidden boxes are checked and grayed out for me.

To let you know what system I have, in my About window it reads

Windows Mobil 6.1 Professional

CW OS 5.2.21052 (Build 21052.1.6.5)

Then for Device ID if have:

ROM version: 1.18.605.12
ROM date: 08/15/09

Of course theres more but I think that's mostly what will tell you if you have the same.

If there is anything else I can help with just let me know.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

Re: Rom Wifi Dll questions

Ok so I copied the stock 6.1 wifi dll and it totally broke my wifi and wouldn't allow it to turn on. Why would this be? Is there some other file in addition to the dll that I need to copy over?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey Drew, just thought I might let you know via this thread that I just sent you a PM reply regarding the file you asked for.

Let me know if you didn't get it.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

Do you wanna try and get these files.
WLANsettings.exe & Wlansettings.exe.0409.mui
wifisettings.exe & wifisettings.exe.0109.mui
wifinetwork.exe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2