PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Toliet Paper 2
Carrier: SpRint

jdmtsx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ram Sweep or HTCAddicts CleanRam

Which one do you use?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Ram Sweep or HTCAddicts CleanRam

I have never found either one to be necessary in the TP2

~John
Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have never found either one to be necessary in the TP2

~John
you just don't like answering peoples questions, you like to make smart remarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmtsx View Post
Which one do you use?
both work well but what i realized with both of them is that sometimes with manilla 2.5 both of those will try to close sense ui to get extra ram and the phone will freeze. to be honest i'de recommend sktools, its the best program for that, pm me for more info (sktools isn't free). I wouldn't listen to jmorton because the tp2 has basically the same amount of ram as the tp1 and many people on the tp1 and tp2 forum have found them useful.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

SPEAKING OF HTCADDICTS... i cannot get the site to display in English... when i hit English it doesn't work... im going to use google translate but i just thought id mention that here and now
Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

itbmd is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to itbmd

Maybe the guru's can correct me if I'm wrong, but I used CleanRam doing the highest level 3 deep cleaning. Did it work, YES it did. I reduced my usage from 6x% down to sometimes 5x%.

With that being said, nothing to me is as useful as a soft reset. I boot at 42%, and thats the way my phone stays, between 42-45% during the majority of the day and at night. I only really use it when I'm travelling and then soft reset right after to clear the memory, because no program will get it back to that freshly booted state.

I use the Rhodium Keyboard Controller 1.3.2, and have my 'back' button mapped as soft reset on a long press (it's the button I use least). I much prefer a button to soft reset rather than navigating and opening up a program; because thats when you make a mistake when you're in a rush and drop your phone. So to me, a soft reset via RKC is the perfect solution to me. Just my $.02.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haven't been able to get either to work on MightyROM IMPACT...both lock up. But, FWIW, CleanRAM has more options...

As for the "not necessary" post...well, what else am I supposed to do (other than soft reset) when my phone is using 80% RAM with no apps running? I clearly need something.

Last edited by awenthol; 01-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

I think they are very similar and either one will work. I use cleanram when i notice a lag. Its not necessary to do it everyday, i do it after a flash or once a month

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Haven't been able to get either to work on MightyROM IMPACT...both lock up.
OP this is exactly what i was referring to, which is why i would recommend sktools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

have had issues with htcaddicts version on last 3 energy roms 6.5.3 locking the phone up and having to take the battery out!

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

HTCAddicts CleanRAM is what I use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2