PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: My TP2 wont boot up please help

You havent even unlocked the phone yet?!?! If not take it as a loss, phone it done for.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

you mean hard reset? pop out the battery, put it back in, THEN hold down send and end at the same time and THEN push the power button.

you'll need to get the phone completely powered off before you try that (which wouldn't work if you've already flashed a bad rom). but you'll also need to get it powered down before you sd flash

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It never ceases to amaze me how many people do not enough or no research before doing something like overwriting their device's ROM.

Like Rafy said -- try flashing your carrier's stock ROM. Can you get to the bootloader (tri-color RGB screen)? Press volume down and press the reset button with the stylus at the same time.

If you can get that far, you can reflash stock. Plug phone into USB, wait for it to say USB at the bottom of the bootloader screen on the device, and then start the stock ROM installer which can be found at the link CovKid supplied you. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
you mean hard reset? pop out the battery, put it back in, THEN hold down send and end at the same time and THEN push the power button.

you'll need to get the phone completely powered off before you try that (which wouldn't work if you've already flashed a bad rom). but you'll also need to get it powered down before you sd flash
If he isn't HardSPL'd I wouldn't suggest him trying to flash another cooked from from the SD card before he ensures he can flash back to stock, and then flashing CDMA HardSPL.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If he hasnt unlocked the phone, There is nothing to do but take the phone back, If you havent unlocked the phone, then go to the Sprint repair store, If you have unlocked it, Then there is hope.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i've never really tried to flash without unlocking... i just always figured it wouldn't work. pardon the ignorance here but will that brick a phone?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It shouldnt, It shouldnt even read the NBH, but if he unlocked it and tired to flash to a GSM then he might as well throw it in the fireplace.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
i've never really tried to flash without unlocking... i just always figured it wouldn't work. pardon the ignorance here but will that brick a phone?
I have no idea either. I guess we have to wait and see if he can enter the bootloader. If not, I guess our answer is yes...
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
It shouldnt, It shouldnt even read the NBH, but if he unlocked it and tired to flash to a GSM then he might as well throw it in the fireplace.
That's not true, flashing GSM ROM -> CDMA device or CDMA ROM -> GSM device will not brick, you can still enter bootloader and flash to stock from USB or another cooked ROM from SD.

What WILL brick is flashing the wrong SPL for your device. Flashing a normal OS ROM does not touch the SPL, which means you can always return to SPL and reflash another ROM. It's similar to flashing your computer's BIOS (~= SPL) vs installing a different OS on your hard drive (~= ROM). If you install an OS that isn't compatible with your hardware you can always install a different one, but if you botch a BIOS flash you may as well buy a new motherboard.

Last edited by aguenter322; 01-19-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Afterthought :)
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

that's what i thought.... but thing is he's getting the htc screen so i'm thinking there is hope... maybe. since it's doing that much he must have already hspl-unlocked it, so the next step is to try and sd flash. if that doesn't work.... i hope he has insurance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2