PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
That's not really how the TF3D Start Menu works. It's just a simple screen with links, not navigable. Let's say there was a folder link in the Start Menu, where would the screen go when you tapped it? Not possible. In all honesty, if this were possible, there would already be solutions here or on XDA.
I figured as much, but it would be nice.

I know there are apps like Mobile Shell that seem to provide a much better interface in some respects, but I also read of various problems, incompatibilities, etc.

Is there any better Program Launcher that can be used within TF3D without completely revamping the User Interface?

The "regular" TF3D Start Menu isn't that bad, but it could definitely be improved and made more flexible and versatile.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

onree is just getting started

Quote:
That's not really how the TF3D Start Menu works. It's just a simple screen with links, not navigable. Let's say there was a folder link in the Start Menu, where would the screen go when you tapped it? Not possible. In all honesty, if this were possible, there would already be solutions here or on XDA.

The thing is, this does already happen. As someone mentioned above, the Sprint Touch Pro2's stock behavior is to launch the HTC program launcher whenever the Start button/menu is activated. In the launcher, "Office Mobile" is one of the default programs, and clicking it actually launches another window which lists out the individual programs: Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, etc. So the folder concept is supported.

So yeah, I'd love to know if someone has figured out some way to support the same kind of folder behavior for user-created folders. Or even just for the "Games" folder!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile Re: 6.1 start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
It adds a TF tab for programs (although it is call favs or something like that IIRC)

It also brings back the cascading 6.1 start menu. It works super.

I am running manila 2..5 now so I'm not using it, but it worked super when I had the stock ROM running.

Here is "awesome start menu" which is what I use now:

~John
beautiful taskbar and softbar .can you please post the .tsk or cab for the taskbars (sofbar and taskbar).
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onree View Post
The thing is, this does already happen. As someone mentioned above, the Sprint Touch Pro2's stock behavior is to launch the HTC program launcher whenever the Start button/menu is activated. In the launcher, "Office Mobile" is one of the default programs, and clicking it actually launches another window which lists out the individual programs: Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, etc. So the folder concept is supported.

So yeah, I'd love to know if someone has figured out some way to support the same kind of folder behavior for user-created folders. Or even just for the "Games" folder!
Exactly!! I'd love to be able to add Folders to the regular TF3D HTC Program Launcher, rather than being limited to the 30 Icons, or have to sort through the entire array of "All Applications."
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey, you guys were right. I searched around a bit and it looks like SolApathy has a solution for you:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=25

Quote:
Hopefully this is a tip someone can use...

k...Here is how you create your own shortcut folders in Manila...

Create a folder under windows/start menu/programs. Name it whatever you want.
move program links from the programs folder into that folder using activesync

Now go under HLKM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILA\PROGRAMLAUNCHER\

chose a program position (they are labeled by number) & open it. Modify the following values (I will use "Utilities" as my example):
DispName: Utilities
IconPath: this is up to you, I leave it blank, but you can link to an icon in the folder you create)
IsReadOnly:0
Path:\Windows\Start Menu\Utilities

Now you may be saying what? The paths do not match between where you placed the folder & the path in the registry... You are right; apparently it assumes the path is: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities.
So you just need to put in \Windows\Start Menu\Utilities

I hope this helps anyone looking to create folder links easily under manila
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Hey, you guys were right. I searched around a bit and it looks like SolApathy has a solution for you:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=25
I won't have a chance to play with this until later this week, but this looks exactly what I've been looking for! If it works, it really expands the functionality of TF3D's Start Menu system!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

since this thread is regarding the start menu for 6.1, i was wondering if any of you guys know of a way to change the font colors (menu and on screen-no using tf3d at the moment). i've searched the forums and the closest answer i found was changing your tf3d fonts (from the xda website). there are a couple of wallpapers i'd like to use but don't because because since the font color is white, it's a little hard to read unless the background wallpaper is pre-dominantly dark in color. any help pointing to the right direction is much appreciated.

edit: running on stock ROM btw.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2