PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock1154 View Post
Quick question, maybe someone can help me out...

If I have customized icons for my slider, will the programs tab not match?
That depends totally on what icon set you're using, some sets have a matching icon as part of the set/some don't

~John
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

adrock1154 is a n00b

I've got Tesalat iphone rhodium icon set, I don't want to add this killer menu though if it doesn't match.

Anyone know if this icon set would work?? or could I change the icon somehow???
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Just try it & see if it works, you can always remove it if you don't like it.

Back up your system first with something like SPB backup, then you can always restore it no matter what happens.

~John
Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That's easy Don, hook the phone to your LT with ActiveSync.

Then go to Windows/Start menu/Programs. Once you're in there, right click & create a new folder & name it whatever you want (you can see the one I created called "applications", I have all my most used everyday apps listed in there so I can get to them in one click with no scrolling))

Then drag/copy whatever existing shortcuts from outside the folder into it. After that, I usually delete the original shortcut.

~John
Hi John,

Thanks. I can see how this would work just fine with the traditional Start Menu outside of TF3D, but I'm not sure this would work within TF3D. When I check my phone now, I see a folder for Office Mobile inside \windows\Start Menu\Programs, but it doesn't show up within TF3D. If I attempt to insert a new item into the 30-icon TF3D Start Menu area, that folder doesn't show up either. So I'd have to assume that other folders I create within that directory would not show up either.

So, is there a way of getting this behavior within TF3D?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

adrock1154 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Just try it & see if it works, you can always remove it if you don't like it.

Back up your system first with something like SPB backup, then you can always restore it no matter what happens.

~John
Couldn't I just remove the tab if I didn't like it...

Under the rearrangement of tabs I could just uncheck the box no?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Hi John,

Thanks. I can see how this would work just fine with the traditional Start Menu outside of TF3D, but I'm not sure this would work within TF3D. When I check my phone now, I see a folder for Office Mobile inside \windows\Start Menu\Programs, but it doesn't show up within TF3D. If I attempt to insert a new item into the 30-icon TF3D Start Menu area, that folder doesn't show up either. So I'd have to assume that other folders I create within that directory would not show up either.

So, is there a way of getting this behavior within TF3D?
Actually, on the new Start Menu, there is an icon for Office Mobile, which should be a 'folder' containing all of the short cuts. My wife has the only TP2 right now, so i cant verify as im at work, but i do know that icon is on the new Start Menu.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Actually, on the new Start Menu, there is an icon for Office Mobile, which should be a 'folder' containing all of the short cuts. My wife has the only TP2 right now, so i cant verify as im at work, but i do know that icon is on the new Start Menu.
When you say new Start Menu are you referring to WM6.5? If so, I'm on WM6.1 and likely to stay with it (I tried WM6.5 briefly on a TP2 I was returning, and it didn't bowl me over, with things I liked, others I didn't).

With WM6.1, as far as I can see, the Folders in Windows\Start Menu\Programs do not show up within TF3D.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Bump...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Bump again:

Does anybody know how/if it is possible to add "Folders" to the stock TF3D Start Menu, so that I can better organize my Apps and provide quicker and more efficient access to apps beyond the 3x10 that the TF3D provides, without having to go through all of them in 'All Applications'??
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Bump again:

Does anybody know how/if it is possible to add "Folders" to the stock TF3D Start Menu
That's not really how the TF3D Start Menu works. It's just a simple screen with links, not navigable. Let's say there was a folder link in the Start Menu, where would the screen go when you tapped it? Not possible. In all honesty, if this were possible, there would already be solutions here or on XDA.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2