PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: For those experiencing the "failure to wake" issue...

mine seems to be hardware on my issue. it starts then after about 20 minutes it will finally go back to normal. It happens about once every 2 weeks. If i press on a certain spot on my screen when i try to turn it on, the screen will work but i have to press it in a certain spot.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelon View Post
This was definately caused by the SRS Wow HD audio program. Once I un-installed, everything worked as it should.
yup, known issue with SRS
Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

I hate to say it, but I don't think it's as simple as that. A single program can create that situation. But there are a ton of people experiencing this who don't have that program installed.

Pouring through this thread at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318

...it sounds like there are some known issues with HTC's auto backlight that can cause this problem. So for now, I stick by the reccomendation to turn off the auto-adjust backlight and if it's a must-have, take a look at installing Lumos to control it instead of the stock HTC programming.

That said, if this issue continues on my device, I'll be the first to post here and say it didn't work and I was wrong.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't think it's as simple as that. A single program can create that situation. But there are a ton of people experiencing this who don't have that program installed.

Pouring through this thread at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318

...it sounds like there are some known issues with HTC's auto backlight that can cause this problem. So for now, I stick by the reccomendation to turn off the auto-adjust backlight and if it's a must-have, take a look at installing Lumos to control it instead of the stock HTC programming.

That said, if this issue continues on my device, I'll be the first to post here and say it didn't work and I was wrong.
you are correct, this is not software. the first time this happened to me i did a hard reset and the problem didn't go away. also when i went to change the backlight setting it would not adjust at all, even when i moved the display bar. i'm going to look into this further.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

this wasnt bothering me as my little rig fix worked, everytime i would apply the pressure like i said in my earlier post in this thread but this mornning it wasnt working at all & i had to soft reset. i so dont want to exchange phones or even deal with any rude sprint employees so i am gonna try the auto adjust recomendation. hope it works in the meantime till its figured out
Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

So far...this has only occurred to me on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 (stock firmware) after running tricky programs:

1) Internet calling, either Microsoft's own or Fring.

2) "Quaint" Reboot.

Both these programs may be diddling with the actual "phone" part of the device in ways that Sprint and HTC did not expect.

Nevertheless, I long for the days when a complicated device like this would have an easily accessible reset hole.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

offineer is a n00b

I never had this problem on Verizon stock 6.1 ROM... I now am on Verizon stock 6.5 and have this happen every once in awhile... I have been switching back and forth on internet browsers... and I noticed the only time this happens to me is if I lauch the new internet explorer in 6.5 ROM and leave it open... it does not happen everytime, but maybe 50-60% of the time... yesterday IE was open, and I used the top button to turn the screen off... it then would not come back on... kept hitting the button and then held it down for about 10+sec and it eventually came back on... who knows... Just one piece of software I now close/exit all the time...
Old 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

well the auto adjust idea doesnt work on my phone but i also use quaint reboot ... just uninstalled that so i shall report back.

edit- nothing works that ive tried ... every1 seems to be blaming it on a certain app or setting but maybe its just gonna be an annoying everlasting occurrance like tp1 keyboard issue. not 1 time today when my screen has shut off has it came back on without having to do it via soft reset.

Last edited by dumpringz; 01-22-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

One workaround I use is using my bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command prompt, then just hitting cancel.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

Quote:
Originally Posted by offineer View Post
I never had this problem on Verizon stock 6.1 ROM... I now am on Verizon stock 6.5 and have this happen every once in awhile... I have been switching back and forth on internet browsers... and I noticed the only time this happens to me is if I lauch the new internet explorer in 6.5 ROM and leave it open... it does not happen everytime, but maybe 50-60% of the time.
Yeah, I originally thought it was memory-related, too. Screen turning off with a program activly running possibly increasing the chances of the device failing to wake up. Unfortunately I've learned that's just not the case.

When it really hit me hard this week (resetting time and time again then freezing each and EVERY time the screen turned off manually, or by time-out while in a dark room), I made a point to have absolutely NOTHING running (activly, or in the background using FDcSoft Task Manager). The repetative and persistant problem ended immediately after turning off the auto-adjust backlight.

I'll still stand by my assertion that it's not a result of any particular running program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Well the auto adjust idea doesnt work on my phone...
Oh, that's dissapointing news. I really thought I was onto somthing.

I just can't help but think this is a Windows Mobile power management/HTC backlight adjust/HTC backlight sensor issue. It would just make so much sense that a fault in this hardware/software relationship would be causing this issue.

Please do report back. I haven't had mine fail to wake since setting the manual adjust backlight, but now I'll be dreadding the inevitable, once again.

Once it happens again, I think I'll install and try Lumos. See if replacing the HTC backlight controlls helps anything (other than extending battery life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
One workaround I use is using my bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command prompt, then just hitting cancel.
Can you explain this function a little more? So you have to have the bluetooth connected all the time? Or at leaqse have bluetooth tuned on from the handset, ready to pair? Are you initiating/cancelling the voice command from the headset, or the device?

I don't use a bluetooth headset very often, and I'm just not sure I would like the tradeoff in battery life. I'm curious, though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2