PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The TP2 saved your butt: Stories from a TP2 owner

I am only a light fan of the TP2 and I haven't owned it very long (not even 30 days) so my comments won't be TP2 specific... But I'll comment on Windows Mobile in general...

While getting lost in Canada on a camping road trip to some bizarre camp park I was able to use my Touch Pro as a GPS to get us back on track (I love Sprint's cheap international data roaming).

Just recently while helping a bud deal with a company I needed to see what the conversation was I had with the company over 4 months ago via e-mail. A quick grab of my TP2 and a quick "Search the server" via Outlook Mobile and I had the answer in about 10 seconds.

There is nothing smoother than having a conversation with a client via email and being able to seamlessly transition from my computer to my PDA/phone and back again without them noticing a lag in communication. The new threaded conversations in Outlook Mobile make this so easy it is just insane.

Being able to rattle of a text reply to a client or a notification via text after a missed call while my PDA is in my bag from my PC is another god-send.

That was the coolest ones I could think of off the top of my head, but since I use my phone to extreme extents I'm sure it saves me in one case or another multiple times daily. Countless times I've had to run web searches or keep up with my email or search my email and have not skipped a beat.

All I can hope for is MS doesn't forget us business users in this jump to WM7. No one seems to care about us anymore.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2