PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sms trouble!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105933)

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:22 PM

Sms trouble!!

hey everyone i been reading on alot of post lately since after jan 1st i have a tp2 i was having the same issue as the text where coming in as dates 1/1/16 without the time but i also realized i had a bubble on the text tab saying i have 1 new message wen i dnt how can i remove this bubble....i also want to thank ziggy i am new to windows mobile and i sure as hell dnt kno how to get into that registry stuff lol but the cab thing wus simple it fixed the actual timestamp but not the bubble.....CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS IF THEY HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE.......P.S. thank you ziggy for the timestamp fix maybe you can help me with this bubble too lol

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 12:31 PM

Re: Sms trouble!!

Are you on stock or a custom rom? but try this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84255

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 12:35 PM

have you tryed resetting your phone??...sounds like thats touch flo messing with you haha

give it try

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:35 PM

I believe im on a custom rom, one of my friends did it for me since im not too good with the phone stuff but i am going to check the link you have provided me with thank you and i will write my results in a minute thank you

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 12:36 PM

there you go i was trying to find that thread i seen it couple days ago..that issue you have its right in that thread...searching is your power tool!

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:36 PM

i have reseted it a billion times after the cab that ziggy has provided i reseted probably over 100 times but nothing and i dont really know how to get into the registry key and i dont know if someone can walk me through it....

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 12:40 PM

try downloading the htmlnote.zip and opening it and copying that file to the windows directory on your phone and do a soft reset and see if that works,
I could help you out but i dunno what applications you have on your phone, do you have total commander?

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:40 PM

i dont know if this will matter but i have sprint a htc pro 2 i believe its running windows mobile 6.1 and i just checked that link and its telling me to go into the reg key can anyone tell me how to get into this by any chance im so sorry to be a pain i just dont know how to get into things like this???

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:43 PM

i just checked my phone and i dont see the total commander i am going to try and do that htmlnote now

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
total commander is a cab i posted it

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:52 PM

ok i would like to first thank you for the total commander i have it on my fone now thank you very much, now what am i suppose to do with the htmlnote.dll after i have total commander and also on total commander am i able to go into the reg key stuff just as well?

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 12:53 PM

ok if that doesn't work, u might have to wait til someone can make a cab of that registry key, i would make it but im at work at the moment

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 12:53 PM

your welcome...well once you unzip it put it in your windows directory and leave it there and reset..that easy

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 12:56 PM

ok will do that right now give me one sec brb.....

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 12:57 PM

copy the htmlnote.dll to your windows directory, and in total commander just goto HKCU\System\State\Messages\SMS\Unread and double click on count and change it to 0 then hit ok, and soft reset

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:06 PM

wowwwwwwwwww yaaaaayyyyyyyy imma throw a party now hahahaha.....that fixed the notification thing.....thanx all for helping me solve this problem i have one more question well maybe 2.....lol......i have been getting texts late i guess due to the 1/1/16 thing is there something i have to do to update or upgrade the phone to prevent from getting late text or even getting any text at all when people send it....and last question is my phone is a lil slow is there something that makes it quicker in speed?

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 01:12 PM

lol im glad i helped out...dont forget to hit thanks!...

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:13 PM

Short lived!!!!!dammit!!!! Just recieved a text message and it automatically went from 1 message recieved to 2 read the only message i had and went right back to square one im starting to hate this fone ugghhhhhh

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 01:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
install these itll jump you up on some juice..but its going to turn off push internet..dont know if you mind on that..i dont lol

slr916ek9 01-12-2010 01:16 PM

im lost!...so you have one text in your inbox but it says you have 2 on text count?

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loyaltyfam (Post 1481811)
Short lived!!!!!dammit!!!! Just recieved a text message and it automatically went from 1 message recieved to 2 read the only message i had and went right back to square one im starting to hate this fone ugghhhhhh

hmmm might be the rom your on, you said that a friend flashed it for you? check and see which one. ( start > settings > system > About )

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:20 PM

NO, one of my friends sent me a text message after i did the reg key edit to "0" then wen i recieved their text the same issue came bak tot he screen where i read the message they sent me but now on the sms tab its sayin i have "1" new message wen i dont the original problem from the actual post to this thread....so its like wether i change the sms notification back to "0" it automatically changes back to "1"

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:22 PM

after i go to start>system>settings>about.....how do you know what rom you have what am i suppose to look for?

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 01:29 PM

uhh well some roms doesn't say, umm does it say windows 6.1 on that screen?

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:31 PM

what rom would you guys recommend me to use i am willing to do anything to get it back to normal or would i have to do a hard reset and if i do how do i save all my contacts and or files off the fone?

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:33 PM

yes its a 6.1

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 01:44 PM

ok, hmmm might have to wait til one of the gurus comes in and can tell exactly whats wrong, you could try the

Touch Pro 2 cleanup: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

but it does alot of fixes and tweaks probably resolve the issue your having, i recommend doing a soft reset after that, and im on energy rom phoenix 2 at the moment and loving it, another good rom to start out on is mightyrom, and i use microsoft myphone to backup contacts and stuff

loyaltyfam 01-12-2010 01:53 PM

does microsoft activesync save all ya info?

jimmy2442 01-12-2010 02:35 PM

yes it does, just set it up when you plug your TP2 into the computer

drtechno 01-12-2010 03:48 PM

I have had the same issue with my texts say 2016 and sometimes the time wont show up when i recieve a text, no idea yet...but for your problem with your text is something that is very common. What you need to do is download a cab called fixunreadcount and then either save it to a storage card or your device and then just run it on your phone and it will take care of that problem!! Also if you ever notice that your voicemail is alwayss showing one new message and you dont have any, you need to leave yourself a voicemail and then listen to it and then delete and that takes care of that problems, hope it helps!!

hc3cuz 01-16-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtechno (Post 1482260)
I have had the same issue with my texts say 2016 and sometimes the time wont show up when i recieve a text, no idea yet...but for your problem with your text is something that is very common. What you need to do is download a cab called fixunreadcount and then either save it to a storage card or your device and then just run it on your phone and it will take care of that problem!! Also if you ever notice that your voicemail is alwayss showing one new message and you dont have any, you need to leave yourself a voicemail and then listen to it and then delete and that takes care of that problems, hope it helps!!

can somebody post this cab (fixunreadcount). im having this issue...

hc3cuz 01-17-2010 11:04 AM

bump.

any updates on this?

drtechno 01-17-2010 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the cab that will take care of the sms problem...no only if they can come out with the 2016 fix for us cellular lol...