PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! Sprint TP2 sim unlocked on Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I think your right about that one, I'm gonna have her try it out tomorrow at work, I guess the auto setting doesn't work well and manual is the only way.
after i unlocked, i couldn't get service on auto, i went manual and played with all the bands, the one i gave works without question. i seriously haven't had a dropped called or lost signal yet.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ok confirmed fix. Thanks for everyone's help. For future reference, I’ll list step by step settings for someone with a Sprint TP2 with unlocked SIM to be able to reliably use the TMOBILE and ATT network. This probably also works with Verizon TP2 if you unlock the SIM.

Someone should make a sticky of this.

1. To go phone dial pad, select MENU and select OPTIONS.

2. Select the NETWORK tab on the bottom, under MODE OF OPERATIONS drop down box, select GSM ONLY.

3. Select the GSM NETWORK SELECTION dropdown box and select MANUAL. Than select your service provider, ATT or TMOBILE.

4. Select the GSM/UMTS SERVICES tab, highlight BAND and select GET SETTINGS

5. On the SELECT YOUR NETWORK TYPE drop down box, select GSM.

6. On the SELECT YOUR GSM/UMTS BAND drop down box, select GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850). You should be all done, select the OK to exit and your good to go on GSM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'm glad it worked out for you! and i agree, your post should be a sticky. it took me 10 hours to figure out the correct band lol!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Excuse the noob question as I just got my TP2, what service would I be able to use on my sprint phone unlocked to use a TMo SIM? Voice only or voice and data? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Excuse the noob question as I just got my TP2, what service would I be able to use on my sprint phone unlocked to use a TMo SIM? Voice only or voice and data? Thanks.
if you're using a t-mo prepaid sim, you will only get voice and text.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you use tmobile (non-prepaid) then voice and data
Old 01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

are you guys getting 3g or edge? and i was able to get data with my pre-paid sim but it would only let me go to certain web pages which was weird and it defaulted to a t-mobile homepage. It was like internet for dumbphones or something
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

danielsan127 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Ok confirmed fix. Thanks for everyone's help. For future reference, I’ll list step by step settings for someone with a Sprint TP2 with unlocked SIM to be able to reliably use the TMOBILE and ATT network. This probably also works with Verizon TP2 if you unlock the SIM.

Someone should make a sticky of this.

1. To go phone dial pad, select MENU and select OPTIONS.

2. Select the NETWORK tab on the bottom, under MODE OF OPERATIONS drop down box, select GSM ONLY.

3. Select the GSM NETWORK SELECTION dropdown box and select MANUAL. Than select your service provider, ATT or TMOBILE.

4. Select the GSM/UMTS SERVICES tab, highlight BAND and select GET SETTINGS

5. On the SELECT YOUR NETWORK TYPE drop down box, select GSM.

6. On the SELECT YOUR GSM/UMTS BAND drop down box, select GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850). You should be all done, select the OK to exit and your good to go on GSM.

even doing this, the tp2 still keeps dropping the tmobile signal constantly, and i would still have to manually get the phone to connect back to the network. its pretty frustrating.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan127 View Post
even doing this, the tp2 still keeps dropping the tmobile signal constantly, and i would still have to manually get the phone to connect back to the network. its pretty frustrating.
are you in a t-mobile coverage area? i'll check this thread from time to time, and if you're around, i'll try to help.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

danielsan127 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
are you in a t-mobile coverage area? i'll check this thread from time to time, and if you're around, i'll try to help.

yeah i had the phone in the dallas, tx area for a month and had this issue and currently in the seattle, wa area and still having the same issue. before switching to the tp2, i really never had an issue with losing signal before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2