PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jac187 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Not recognized by PCs

yeah i tried the reboot or both pc and phone...nothing worked.

cant wait to get a refurbished phone..lol
Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started

did you try a hard reset... did you try changing the USB cable to make sure your USB cable isn't jacked up.... did you try making sure the cord on the other end wasn't loose??
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imsavant is just getting started

In the phone go to settings, connections, usb to pc and uncheck Enable faster data sync.

Would almost guarantee this fixes the issue.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im pretty sure hes tried that... page 1
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imsavant is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
im pretty sure hes tried that... page 1
Not from what I read. He says the sync button was grayed out and that he tried connecting as a flash drive, which wont work for active sync anyways.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac187 View Post
Until today my TP2 was recognized and synced with both my work and home computers.

However, this evening when I went to sync with my work PC, activesync did not lauch. At first I thought it was a PC problem and I tried the tips I found in the forum. Then I tried my home PC and the same result.

I tried connecting the phone as a external drive but that did not work on either PC. Also tried different USB cords, different USB ports, still no luck.

Even uninstalling and reinstalling activesync was unsuccessful. Deleting the connection setting did not work either.

Final straw, I did a hard reset and had no luck. When connected to the PC, the phone is not recognized. Under the phone's activesync program, I get the generic message about creating a connection but the "SYNC" option is greyed out. I am not sure if this is normal.

Now the phone and both PCs are in a state where no activesync connections exist. Connecting the phone via USB to the PC only charges it.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas/experience/etc as to what the problem may be?

XP SP3
Activesync 4.5
Always Stock ROM (never been flashed)

Thanks!
What you should do is first of all uninstall active sync completely off your computer after restart the pc and reinstall the computer after the installation you again restart the pc for the pc to recognize the changes and after all of that SOFT RESET YOUR TOUCH PRO 2 AND WHEN IT BOOTS UP go to your touch pro 2 and navigate to SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS>USB TO PC> uncheck where it says"ENABLE FASTER DATA SYNCRONIZATION" AFTER DOING SO OPEN ACTIVE SYNC ON YOUR PC AND THEN TRY CONECTING IT (MAKE SURE DONT CONNECT AND WAIT FOR IT TO OPEN ACTIVE SYNC, YOU HAVE TO OPEN ACTIVE SYNC FIRST AND THEN CONNECT IT)

HOPE IT HELPS
Old 01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the advice guys..i have tried it all (reinstall, reboot, hard/soft reset, different cables, different usb ports, check/uncheck enable faster data, etc.), numerous times on different PCs. still no luck.

"SYNC" button is greyed out after hard reset when ActiveSync is launched on the phone. The screen gives the default message on how to synchronize with desktop computer or Exchange server. Only the "Menu" button is active.

even sprint repair had no luck. hopefully the refurbed tp2 i get doesn't have the same problem.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
N00b

Quote:
thanks for the advice guys..i have tried it all (reinstall, reboot, hard/soft reset, different cables, different usb ports, check/uncheck enable faster data, etc.), numerous times on different PCs. still no luck.

"SYNC" button is greyed out after hard reset when ActiveSync is launched on the phone. The screen gives the default message on how to synchronize with desktop computer or Exchange server. Only the "Menu" button is active.

even sprint repair had no luck. hopefully the refurbed tp2 i get doesn't have the same problem.

then i am guessing it might have something to do with the drivers in ur pc and the device is not letting ur pc to install the needed drivers but hope ur new phone doesnt give u problem....gud luck
Old 01-09-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcfreakk View Post
then i am guessing it might have something to do with the drivers in ur pc and the device is not letting ur pc to install the needed drivers but hope ur new phone doesnt give u problem....gud luck

dont think its the drivers on the pc. i dont think two different PCs (work and home) and Sprint Store PC would have the same problem of bad drivers.

i was able to use bluetooth to activesync with my work PC. so I know its not the ActiveSync software on the computer or the phone.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
N00b

Quote:
dont think its the drivers on the pc. i dont think two different PCs (work and home) and Sprint Store PC would have the same problem of bad drivers.

i was able to use bluetooth to activesync with my work PC. so I know its not the ActiveSync software on the computer or the phone.

then its prob deff the phone it self then its not alowing ur active sync to read that the phone has been connected

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
activesync, recognized, sync, xp