PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

New Daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you disable only one of many bluetooth devices temporarily?

I have a number of bluetooth devices paired to my phone, one of which is a BT speaker phone in my wife's car. But now whenever she drives her car into the driveway, her car's speakerphone hijacks the call I'm making on my TP2.

Can you disable only one of many bluetooth devices temporarily?
I think I had this option with WM 5.0, but can't find it in WM 6.1.
I would like to enable the BT speaker phone only when I'm riding my wife's car but keep the rest of the BT devices always paired.

Last edited by New Daddy; 01-06-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

stevecn70 is just getting started
Re: Can you disable a bluetooth device temporarily?

in touchflo: Settings->Communications->Bluetooth There you will see an "on/off"

in WM: Start->Settings->Bluetooth.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b
Re: Can you disable a bluetooth device temporarily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
in touchflo: Settings->Communications->Bluetooth There you will see an "on/off"

in WM: Start->Settings->Bluetooth.
Sorry, I phrased the initial question wrong. I've since edited my question.
I know how to turn BT completely off. What I'm looking for is to turn off only a single BT device out of many.
Thanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yes, it should be in the same menu. You can see each device, and their respective bluetooth profiles. There is a checkbox for each profile.

For example, you have a Plantronics bluetooth headset, Motorola bluetooth stereo headphones, and a car bluetooth. You can toggle which bluetooth device you want active, and what bluetooth profile enabled (i.e. car on as headset, but bluetooth stereo (A2DP) off.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b
Re: Can you disable only one of many bluetooth devices temporarily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yes, it should be in the same menu. You can see each device, and their respective bluetooth profiles. There is a checkbox for each profile.

For example, you have a Plantronics bluetooth headset, Motorola bluetooth stereo headphones, and a car bluetooth. You can toggle which bluetooth device you want active, and what bluetooth profile enabled (i.e. car on as headset, but bluetooth stereo (A2DP) off.

Hope that answers your question.
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for - a check box for each profile, except that I don't see check boxes.
I remember seeing checkboxes with my XV6700, so that you could not only turn on/off a BT device, but you could select to use a BT device as a handsfree and/or stereo headset.

Attached is the screenshot of my BT connection tab. Where do you go from here to find the checkboxes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (73.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for - a check box for each profile, except that I don't see check boxes.
I remember seeing checkboxes with my XV6700, so that you could not only turn on/off a BT device, but you could select to use a BT device as a handsfree and/or stereo headset.

Attached is the screenshot of my BT connection tab. Where do you go from here to find the checkboxes?
You're in the correct screen. Click on the "Hands-Free" text, and the left soft key will say Connect (or Disconnect). You'll see a green arrow once connected. The checkbox isn't visible, but it's there.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot for you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0035.jpg (6.5 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 01-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
You're in the correct screen. Click on the "Hands-Free" text, and the left soft key will say Connect (or Disconnect). You'll see a green arrow once connected. The checkbox isn't visible, but it's there.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot for you.

Could you walk me through it please?
My wife's volvo is not running currently, so the left soft key reads "connect" when you tap on the "hands-free" text.
From here, how do I prevent my TP2 from connecting automatically with the Volvo's hands-free when Volvo's power is on?
I would like to establish the Volvo hands-free connection manually and manually only when I ride my wife's volvo, while my other BT connection (Jabra Speakerphone) should connect automatically whenever the Jabra speakerphone is turned on.
Is it possible?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
Could you walk me through it please?
My wife's volvo is not running currently, so the left soft key reads "connect" when you tap on the "hands-free" text.
From here, how do I prevent my TP2 from connecting automatically with the Volvo's hands-free when Volvo's power is on?
I would like to establish the Volvo hands-free connection manually and manually only when I ride my wife's volvo, while my other BT connection (Jabra Speakerphone) should connect automatically whenever the Jabra speakerphone is turned on.
Is it possible?

Oh, I see. You want all your bluetooth devices connected and ready on standby, but you want to choose which will answer at the time. I don't now if you can do that. Sometimes I notice that when I answer the phone with the handset, and turn headset off, I can answer with the phone next time, and if I want the headset to be used, I click the button while in a call and it will transfer. But I don't know if there are any "rules" as to how the bluetooth devices answer.

If you have the Action screen app (left softkey on Energy's roms, or hold end key for 3 sec if installed as a cab), you can toggle bluetooth on or off. If your bluetooth is off, just toggle it on quickly, then press the sync button in the car during a call to switch over.

I know this sounds confusing, but I really haven't figured out how to have the headset on, and answer ONLY when I answer the call via the bluetooth device. If I click Answer on the phone, have it go to the handset, etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2