PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch / windows mobile 6.1
Carrier: sprint

scarydok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
This cab works when viewing threaded text in standard WM6x. However, when I'm viewing them in the skinned Tough Flo 3D view straight from the tab they are still out of order. I have to bypass TF3D and click on "All Messages" to get back to standard Winmo interface and they are then shown threaded correctly. Are there seperate reg. settings for the TF3D skinned view? Must be...
Alpine, I'm on the Sprint TP2, stock ROM, using TF3D, and I am having no issues with the reg edit. I have deleted all messages that have the incorrect date, but once that's done, all new incoming messages are appearing with the correct date. All previously received messages that have the incorrect date must be deleted in order for the messages to show properly with this reg edit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarydok View Post
Alpine, I'm on the Sprint TP2, stock ROM, using TF3D, and I am having no issues with the reg edit. I have deleted all messages that have the incorrect date, but once that's done, all new incoming messages are appearing with the correct date. All previously received messages that have the incorrect date must be deleted in order for the messages to show properly with this reg edit.
Thanks. I must have missed that when I "skimmed" over the OP's info (assuming it was even mentioned). I apologize for that. I soft reset but I didn't delete all my text messages. Once this is done, it threads them correctly again even when viewed in the non-native TF3D interface.

I appreciate your follow up.

Last edited by Alpine-; 01-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
This cab works when viewing threaded text in standard WM6x. However, when I'm viewing them in the skinned Tough Flo 3D view straight from the tab they are still out of order. I have to bypass TF3D and click on "All Messages" to get back to standard Winmo interface and they are then shown threaded correctly. Are there seperate reg. settings for the TF3D skinned view? Must be...
I'm experiencing the same thing. I guess we need a patch for the TouchFlo messaging.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
I'm experiencing the same thing. I guess we need a patch for the TouchFlo messaging.
See the prior two posts above to Resolve this issue.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

a3rdeye is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to a3rdeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexteldude123 View Post
When I try to load the .csm file back into my phone through PPCPimBackup, it starts to load it but then about 10 minutes later it responds back with a CSV error stating that it is an invalid message file. Anyone have an idea of what I could be doing wrong? I tried all the steps in order three times and get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: long time reader, first time poster btw

I had the same problem so I tried the following and it worked perfectly.

Copied XML from step one and opened it in NOTEPAD
Used Find/Replace to replace /2016 with /2010 and saved.
Then do the same as in Ziggy's instructions. I had over 1000 sms messages so it took a while but worked perfectly.

Just for info Ziggy's cab is all over the net and I'm glad that the forums and sites are giving him credit
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

steiny is a n00b

Just got a TP2 yesterday and saw the issue and the cab fixed it! Thanks Z!

Last edited by steiny; 01-08-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: sms issue fixed
Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3rdeye View Post
Just for info Ziggy's cab is all over the net and I'm glad that the forums and sites are giving him credit
Thanks Eye,

Yeah it is all over the web, and now someone over on the Sprint board has taken my name and is calling himself Ziggy. The file he posted appears to be my cab, just renamed. He signed up 3 Jan 2010, and claims he fixed the problem, interesting, considering that I started this thread 1 Jan 2010, or would that be 1 Jan 2016, since the fix was just posted, it's hard to say. I just have to try and live up to my avatar, so it might have really come from the future.

What makes it even more interesting, Sprint had been saying that it was their 'official' workaround, but we decided that since I didn't copyright it, I don't get any royalties, at least that was the discussion in IRC the other day. lol

Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Thanks Eye,

Yeah it is all over the web, and now someone over on the Sprint board has taken my name and is calling himself Ziggy. The file he posted appears to be my cab, just renamed. He signed up 3 Jan 2010, and claims he fixed the problem, interesting, considering that I started this thread 1 Jan 2010, or would that be 1 Jan 2016, since the fix was just posted, it's hard to say. I just have to try and live up to my avatar, so it might have really come from the future.

What makes it even more interesting, Sprint had been saying that it was their 'official' workaround, but we decided that since I didn't copyright it, I don't get any royalties, at least that was the discussion in IRC the other day. lol

Z
Wow, that sucks!!!!

You shouldn't copyrighted it

I shouldn't copyrighted this snap-shot I took from my phone showing the issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
My snap-shot got posted all over the web, from Gizmodo/WM Experts to many other mobile phones websites, heck it even made on TV on channel 11 KTTV!!

My friend who sent me the text saw it on TV and DVR'ed it. He thought it was too funny, so did all of the IT co-workers we work with. They blurred out his name on TV but we recognized his text he sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"

Last edited by fceeviper; 01-08-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Your title says "fix/workaround" - what's the "fix" in the 3rd party SMS Gateway?

TIA!

Last edited by willysp; 01-08-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

if this is the only fix we will be getting that is gonna suck. i wanna know when the personn sent it not when i got it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k