PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Missing/late text messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Is anyone who is using a sprint TP2 with basically the stock ROM (and the TP2 cleanup and a few other simple mods) having an issue with late or missing text messages?? People tell me they send me text but I never get some of them. Also someone sent me a text message last night and I got it at 7am this morning.. is this a common issue? is there a fix? please do not say it is SPRINT as when I had my TREO 800W, I NEVER missed any text messages and never received a late one...

Thanks...

Hmm I'm having some issues since yesterday too. My phone wouldnt 'notify' me of new text messages until i 'awakend' the phone. I only installed the newest version of Pocketshield but have since deleted it and went to a older 'working' version of PS. but still the problem remains.

i tested my phone by sending various text messages to it, and the phone with and without PS on, would light up (wake) as if it receieved the msg, but no notification sound/light.

i then had to press the power button to see my manila home screen and after a few seconds the notification sound and light would appear showing i have a new text.

i enabled sounds/light here: Start > Settings > Sounds and notifications > Notifications

i also checked
HKLM -> Drivers -> Builtin -> RIL -> DisableSMSWakeUpEvent -> set to 0

Old 12-31-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
Hmm I'm having some issues since yesterday too. My phone wouldnt 'notify' me of new text messages until i 'awakend' the phone. I only installed the newest version of Pocketshield but have since deleted it and went to a older 'working' version of PS. but still the problem remains.

i tested my phone by sending various text messages to it, and the phone with and without PS on, would light up (wake) as if it receieved the msg, but no notification sound/light.

i then had to press the power button to see my manila home screen and after a few seconds the notification sound and light would appear showing i have a new text.

i enabled sounds/light here: Start > Settings > Sounds and notifications > Notifications

i also checked
HKLM -> Drivers -> Builtin -> RIL -> DisableSMSWakeUpEvent -> set to 0

What Rom are you using?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I can tell you first hand this is a Sprint network issue. I wasn't so much having issues with recieving text messages, but i was getting the same message 3-4 times a day over and over. Occasionally I get a txt a little late too but that wasn't as bad as the multiple same txt message problem I was having. They told me to update my profile and do the PRL thing under settings...and it seemed to help the issue a little bit. Call up CS and have they transfer you to advanced tech support and there they should be able to help you better than the Tier 1 tech support, there dumb idiots there...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syph3r View Post
What Rom are you using?
regular sprint rom.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started

I agree with chrisH09, try calling customer service, but asked to be transfered to advanced technical support, the initial reps are nothing more than noobs that read from a book ("Lets try turning off the phone and then back on, that always fixes it")
Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

i had an interesting 1 a few days ago.

every1 started calling asking why i didnt respond to there txts. i never got them. I grabbed the wifes phone and sent some txts to myself. the screen would wake but the txt never showed up. soft reset and sent another test and it worked as normal.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
i had an interesting 1 a few days ago.

every1 started calling asking why i didnt respond to there txts. i never got them. I grabbed the wifes phone and sent some txts to myself. the screen would wake but the txt never showed up. soft reset and sent another test and it worked as normal.
i did multiple soft resets and would not work. thought it was the newest version of pocketshield (PS)

i hard reset and installed everything but PS and it worked fine...installed PS and text went back to not working.

hard reset again, installed everything and a older version of PS..works fine for now. tempted to try the newest PS
Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Get your MSL and do a ##RTN# (##786#). If you have already done a hard reset than that would be the last thing I could think of. That will wipe the phone storage and network settings off the phone. When it comes back up you will go through Hands Free activation.
if this is stock rom as you said. If you do this with a custom rom u will have to reflash to stock after the RTN then back custom.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxceenotexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Is anyone who is using a sprint TP2 with basically the stock ROM (and the TP2 cleanup and a few other simple mods) having an issue with late or missing text messages?? People tell me they send me text but I never get some of them. Also someone sent me a text message last night and I got it at 7am this morning.. is this a common issue? is there a fix? please do not say it is SPRINT as when I had my TREO 800W, I NEVER missed any text messages and never received a late one...

Thanks...
yea yesterday and the day b 4 i was having this problem i thought it was my pocket shield so i uninstalled it and it contiued and i just dunno! Ijust jad the wife to text again and still no text... unless i wake it up. well i get the wake at first, but still no text then once i awaken it i get the text!

Last edited by xxceenotexx; 01-01-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

This happened to me while I was on Mighty/Energy Rom 6.5. The Text messages (for me) were stuck in the Network, I had to actually make a phone call then the message would be sent to my phone. I moved to Stock Rom and since then I am not having any issues with the Text Messages. If you search the Mighty Rom thread there are multiple user's ?expierencing? this issue. I had to move to stock to settle this. No network issue for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2