PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Paul_Hammons is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: dcd's mogul dialer cab

DCD and eb3604,
What exactly has been changed?

I have had the Touch skinned big button dialer available forever and it has been downloaded over 4,000 times.... over 3,000 times before I updated the cab to handle WM6.1.

I see eb640 claiming a new skin or something? Looks identical to the one I have had posted. Did you update the smartdial and in the process broke the contacts soft key? The contacts softkey works in my dialer....

See post here:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html

It is under BlueFrog_Touch_Dialer.zip and please tell me what is different.

Once you replace .dll's and break the functionality of the dialer, please don't associate my name with it. I spent months testing and ensuring the dialer mods I do are fully compatible and functional. I don't want assosicated with broken, less functional dialers. Sprint in particular has made their dialers very bastardized and hard to skin, you can't just throw some .dll's in, anounce a new dialer, and hope they work. Well, apparently you can, but it is going to make people very unhappy.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? I may be able to work it out, but I won't get into supporting untested .dll variations.

Is there a new SmartDialer that you are wanting? The SmartDialer .dlls overwrite the softkeys on the phoneskin, so that may be why the contacts softkey went missing.

What does this new smartdialer do that the stock smartdialer does not do?

I do understand dialers and the smartdialer, point out what is trying to be accomplished and I will see if I can make it happen in a compatible way. I have smartdialer cabs that can be intalled seperately, maybe I should update and release one of those along with my dialer?

-Paul
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Keedog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Hammons View Post
DCD and eb3604,
What exactly has been changed?

I have had the Touch skinned big button dialer available forever and it has been downloaded over 4,000 times.... over 3,000 times before I updated the cab to handle WM6.1.

I see eb640 claiming a new skin or something? Looks identical to the one I have had posted. Did you update the smartdial and in the process broke the contacts soft key? The contacts softkey works in my dialer....

See post here:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html

It is under BlueFrog_Touch_Dialer.zip and please tell me what is different.

Once you replace .dll's and break the functionality of the dialer, please don't associate my name with it. I spent months testing and ensuring the dialer mods I do are fully compatible and functional. I don't want assosicated with broken, less functional dialers. Sprint in particular has made their dialers very bastardized and hard to skin, you can't just throw some .dll's in, anounce a new dialer, and hope they work. Well, apparently you can, but it is going to make people very unhappy.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? I may be able to work it out, but I won't get into supporting untested .dll variations.

Is there a new SmartDialer that you are wanting? The SmartDialer .dlls overwrite the softkeys on the phoneskin, so that may be why the contacts softkey went missing.

What does this new smartdialer do that the stock smartdialer does not do?

I do understand dialers and the smartdialer, point out what is trying to be accomplished and I will see if I can make it happen in a compatible way. I have smartdialer cabs that can be intalled seperately, maybe I should update and release one of those along with my dialer?

-Paul
Paul,

If I replaced the pngs of your Blue Frog dialer with my own, is there anything special, I'd have to do to make it work? Basically I've used "Tdial Designer" to make the png images. I use WinCe Cab Manager to edit the cab. I'm not trying to take credit for yours or anyone elses work. I just would like to skin the dialer differently depending on my mood. Somedays I'm in my "football mood" so I'd like a Cowboy Dialer, some days I'm in Basketball Mood, and would like to use a Laker Dialer, and etc. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Kee
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Keedog,
You can replace the .png's all you want. Just don't add/remove the .dlls and everything will be fine.

I am not associated with the Tdial Designer, but there are two ways to create skins using it. On required the BlueFrog Dialer, the other required the BlueFrog Touch Dialer. The difference between the two are just registry key entries.

BlueFrog Touch Dialer hides all of the keys/numbers/etc and leaves you with a blank screen on which to show your custom images. You have to input the number and letters in your .png's.

The BlueFrog Big Button dialer draws on the number and letters for you over the background, so you only have to supply the graphics via .png.

All of my graphics are kept in the \phoneskin directory. The reason for this is so the .png's can be replaced on the fly. I was working with someone who was building a "skin switcher" so you could have lots of skins downloaded and then it would copy the skin you want into the \phoneskin directory and it wouldn't require a reboot. All you have to do is overwrite the .png's in \phonesking, open and close your phone, viola, skin changes. Registry will also update with an open/close.

-Paul
Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Keedog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Hammons View Post
Keedog,
You can replace the .png's all you want. Just don't add/remove the .dlls and everything will be fine.

I am not associated with the Tdial Designer, but there are two ways to create skins using it. On required the BlueFrog Dialer, the other required the BlueFrog Touch Dialer. The difference between the two are just registry key entries.

BlueFrog Touch Dialer hides all of the keys/numbers/etc and leaves you with a blank screen on which to show your custom images. You have to input the number and letters in your .png's.

The BlueFrog Big Button dialer draws on the number and letters for you over the background, so you only have to supply the graphics via .png.

All of my graphics are kept in the \phoneskin directory. The reason for this is so the .png's can be replaced on the fly. I was working with someone who was building a "skin switcher" so you could have lots of skins downloaded and then it would copy the skin you want into the \phoneskin directory and it wouldn't require a reboot. All you have to do is overwrite the .png's in \phonesking, open and close your phone, viola, skin changes. Registry will also update with an open/close.

-Paul
Thanks Paul for the permission. Its not working what software are you usin to make your cabs?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

WinCE Cab Manager. You don't have to cab them up, though, if you don't want. I only needed a cab to set the initial registry settings and to install the .dll.

You can just copy the .png's over to the \phoneskin directory.
-Paul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan