PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Victor_A is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Victor_A Send a message via Yahoo to Victor_A
What i have been wondering is MS going to be updating this version of OS or is that built-in update shortcut only a joke? Shouldn't this be how the memory leak will be fixed not by HTC. This would also be the way of making the "foot print" of the OS smaller which would release some more ram.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_A View Post
What i have been wondering is MS going to be updating this version of OS or is that built-in update shortcut only a joke? Shouldn't this be how the memory leak will be fixed not by HTC. This would also be the way of making the "foot print" of the OS smaller which would release some more ram.

What is this "Memory Leak" everyone's talking about? I dont think I'm noticing it.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

Victor_A is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Victor_A Send a message via Yahoo to Victor_A
The memory leak is simply having your available ram memory get lower and lower after having the phone on for a period of time. Once the phone is soft reset the memory goes back to max available memory once again. For some reason the ram is not free once the programs are not used any more even if you close them.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Thanks. I have noticed that. After I close the program I run SKtools "Free Up RAM", so I dont have to do the softe reset. Check around for that program. I think its free.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
typing on the touchscreen is pretty easy with the pcmkeyboard app.. (that app rocks btw.. grab it @ http://www.pocketcm.com if you haven't..)

I'd love to have more memory - i'm constantly out of memory and had to drop voice command as a result.. (still constantly out of memory even without voice command )

I don't think I could live without hardware buttons.. I love the fact that the ppc-6800 has so many more buttons then the ppc-6700 had...
-mark

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan